Show us your curly blowdrys

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always feel like im hurting the client when I do a curly blow dry I always say let me know if I pull to hard but I think thats what puts me off doing them

No pain no gain!

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

One of mine :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 264
So what products do we all recommend for;

Curling poker straight hair,

Curling wavy hair,

And curling naturally curling hair?

Thank you Hun 👍
I think the key to a good curly blow dry is good products before and after.
With really straight fine hair that doesn't normally hold a curly blow dry for long iv used heated rollers before instead of just barrel curling and pinning or Normal rollers let completely cool down it really does make a difference the key is to let everything cool down fully if you don't do this your curly blow dry will not hold and will just drop and look limp
So my tip is great products (always a blowdry lotion to start with) get that big bouncy essex look hehe oh and after setting let everything cool down
If your dealing with very straight fine hair pop in heated rollers after blowdrying I mean literally take the brush out and wack in a heated roller give it a go and post your pics x

I am so going to do this! Was actually looking at a set of heated rollers today. Waiting til vat free next week!

What's your thoughts on these?? I usually either add a roller or curl up the hair and clip each piece when doing a curly blow but these look amazing and saves time. Has anyone used them??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 158
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1432053819.983605.jpg

Done by klj hair extensions using problo brushes [emoji136]

Dan is the problo brush set any good?

Yes it's really good, girl in my work has it !! Would recommend it 100% only thing is depending on the thickness off the hair you may need to buy extra brush heads but that's all it's brilliant

We have them brushes in the salon and there brill. But like someone said you either need more heads otherwise your taking out the bottom ones as you go. Which is fine if the hairs cooled by the time u need them xx

Thank you Hun 👍
I think the key to a good curly blow dry is good products before and after.
With really straight fine hair that doesn't normally hold a curly blow dry for long iv used heated rollers before instead of just barrel curling and pinning or Normal rollers let completely cool down it really does make a difference the key is to let everything cool down fully if you don't do this your curly blow dry will not hold and will just drop and look limp
So my tip is great products (always a blowdry lotion to start with) get that big bouncy essex look hehe oh and after setting let everything cool down
If your dealing with very straight fine hair pop in heated rollers after blowdrying I mean literally take the brush out and wack in a heated roller give it a go and post your pics x

What products do you use?

Can I be a huge pain, and ask for a big list?

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1432107826.167455.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1432107854.201196.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1432107889.084754.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1432107913.384440.jpg

All with round brushes - no tongs or Ghd curls - some I leave the brushes in til cool others I pull out for looser effect

My brushes are too heavy to leave in.

And sometimes I get little tuffty new growth pieces on the upper sections.

How do I get beautiful curls like all of these?

I use Fudge products, can you recommend what's best to use? X

I use Schwarzkopf osis glamnation mousse or Paul Mitchell awapuhi Wild Ginger whip. I hate to weigh down a blowdry with loads of products so I ease off on too many. Some people swear by the Tigi product for curls but I'm not loving their range at all too sticky and heavy and too focused on scent

So a mousse or whip thing would be your product of choice?
I usually go for a lotion to smooth down the frizzy bits...

Generally so find smothers keep hair straighter - amy frizzy bits I take afterward with a serum or brush through.

I've only have one photo of my curly blowdry.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1432645944.723817.jpg

Generally so find smothers keep hair straighter - amy frizzy bits I take afterward with a serum or brush through.
I'm always too nervous to brush through!!

Latest posts

Back