Show us your lashes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do I find the "show us your tan" threat? X

I'm sure Nadia taught it but with volume you lash much shorter than with classic sets so I rarely lash longer than an 11mm ( as the longer they are the finer they look)
I was taught to volume lash approx 1mm longer than natural lash unless they have a natural lash that is a 12 or 13mm then you lash the same length and will find the natural lashes blend in fine xx

Great job again xx

Yes she did - but on me she used 12s and I would say my Natural lashes are about 6!!! They are tiny. And they look lush. Just thought id give it ago - but defo love the shorter ones more :) x

Hi girls, I trained with flirties in December and have been using their products. I switched from their sensitive glue to expert due to the drying time slowing me down but the fumes from the new glue are giving me excruciating headaches!

Has anybody else found this? I never do more than 2 hours at a time and I've now done 20+ sets so it's the actually application is getting easier.

Do you think it's solely down to the glue? Debating whether to try Sky Glue as I've read on here it's less 'fumey' than others.

Any help is much appreciated! It really puts a downer on my work when I've done a good set but have a massive headache for hours later :( xxx

Hi girls, I trained with flirties in December and have been using their products. I switched from their sensitive glue to expert due to the drying time slowing me down but the fumes from the new glue are giving me excruciating headaches!

Has anybody else found this? I never do more than 2 hours at a time and I've now done 20+ sets so it's the actually application is getting easier.

Do you think it's solely down to the glue? Debating whether to try Sky Glue as I've read on here it's less 'fumey' than others.

Any help is much appreciated! It really puts a downer on my work when I've done a good set but have a massive headache for hours later :( xxx

Oh that's not good. Are you wearing a mask?
X

Ladies - is there anyone in Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire, or near here that does volume lashes??? I need somewhere to get mine infiled as can't do them myself
X

I think the fumey glue from flirties is the only let down, loved and used by many though! Are you ventilating the room? Although your lashing is going well, make sure you look after yourself! I think you maybe should change glue! You won't be any good to anyone if your experiencing bad headaches etc. Hugs xx

Have you tried lash revolution pro+?

Skye Glue is definitely less fumey, very thin and easy to work with and many lash technicians love it. For me its the mixed reviews of retention that makes me question the glue. Some say they loose lashes after few days..

I got 2 unopened skye glue from Lash Lady Shop that I got for sale if anyone want to try (£17 per bottle 5ml or £30 for both, I'll post for free).

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've tried using a mask but it irritates me lot and I struggle to breath when I have it on and it's hard to concentrate! But I am naughty as I know I should, I always forget to put a mask on when I spray tan as well.

I could go back to using the sensitive glue but it makes the process, for me anyway, a lot longer and frustrating!

I think I might buy a small bottle of Sky glue and use it on friends/family for the time being to see what retention is like!

Also, how am I meant to store the glue? I find my pot is starting to look a little glupey and it's only been open a month?

Thanks for all your help girls :*) xxx

I've tried using a mask but it irritates me lot and I struggle to breath when I have it on and it's hard to concentrate! But I am naughty as I know I should, I always forget to put a mask on when I spray tan as well.

I could go back to using the sensitive glue but it makes the process, for me anyway, a lot longer and frustrating!

I think I might buy a small bottle of Sky glue and use it on friends/family for the time being to see what retention is like!

Also, how am I meant to store the glue? I find my pot is starting to look a little glupey and it's only been open a month?

Thanks for all your help girls :*) xxx

Without sounding like your mother you should wear a mask - if you are exposing yourself to these sorts of substances in a small room then a mask is vital - also means u can eat garlic and not have to worry about breathing on your clients!!!

Sky glue is less fumey than flirties but it will still give u a headache / it does me but I have it on a glue ring and it's close to my nose.

I find the retention of sky glue pretty good.

I've been in touch with Anna Hanna who sells the glue. She says, Its vital to have beads/bubbles on the lash for it to have a good retention. So, I'll not give up on this glue yet. X ;)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I know Lielash I try to remember, especially when tanning, but sometimes it makes it difficult! I'm going to shop around for a better mask though as the ones I have at the minute are the surgeons kind and can sit quite close to my nose and restrict breathing! I think a industrial/builders one would be more suitable lol! xxx

I know Lielash I try to remember, especially when tanning, but sometimes it makes it difficult! I'm going to shop around for a better mask though as the ones I have at the minute are the surgeons kind and can sit quite close to my nose and restrict breathing! I think a industrial/builders one would be more suitable lol! xxx

I found if you persevere you get used to them! And they aren't too bad :) x

I found if you persevere you get used to them! And they aren't too bad :) x

I bought mine off lash base, they look like industrial masks and they have a round filter on the front. Did take a few days to get used to but now feel naked without it.

Without sounding completely gross - I noticed with the strong glues ( which u need for good retention) that when I blew my nose it was really black (yuk) and realised it's from the glue, they also turn my masks black after a couple of weeks so just shows u the fumes. Fine for clients that pop in but for us being exposed all day u must wear a mask.

I love mine that I now pop it on for waxing or anything when I'm really close to clients, so I don't breathe on them and they can't see up my nose!!!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390692992.056164.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390693005.484507.jpg

Set of today's volume lashes

Wow that's quite scary! I'll persevere over my next few sets then and see how I get on! I suppose I just need to get into the habit of doing so! Thank you! xxxx

I think I've become allergic to the eyelash glue I use, if I change glues will this still happen? I'm not gonna have to stop lashing am I?! 😫 xx

I think I've become allergic to the eyelash glue I use, if I change glues will this still happen? I'm not gonna have to stop lashing am I?! 😫 xx

How have you become allergic to it Hun? Xx

This is my 1st ever attempt at lashes! (Not a full set tho)
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390858943.750314.jpg

I've just done these- this is my third case study for my training :) ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390863147.050430.jpg

Latest posts

Back