Show us your lashes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

Apart from the obvious after care: avoiding steam, curling etc.

What advice do you give regarding cleaning? I suppose I would like to know whether you retail any cleansers/lotions that are safe with eyelash extensions.

Many thanks.

I'm looking into buying in cleaners for lashes so I will let you no about that.
I say to Brush daily and give them a brush for this.
I also say to wash either with water or mix water and baby shampoo together. This will keep them clean and not harm there lashes.

Here is a set of volume I done earlier x
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398268348.103513.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398268359.489958.jpg

Johnsons baby shampoo weekly to clean the lashes and brush them daily. For girls who wear looks of eye make up I'd recommend they clean them more often as it can build up and cause infections xx

I'm looking into buying in cleaners for lashes so I will let you no about that.
I say to Brush daily and give them a brush for this.
I also say to wash either with water or mix water and baby shampoo together. This will keep them clean and not harm there lashes.

Here is a set of volume I done earlier x
View attachment 62953
View attachment 62954

Love your work.

Won't be long before you hear from me and I'm on your volume course!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398320407.469106.jpg
Latest set of lashes...any advice? I think I still use a bit to much glue 😢

View attachment 62986
Latest set of lashes...any advice? I think I still use a bit to much glue 😢

The stickies (small amount of clumpy lashes) can easily be rectified by a faster adhesive and by pulling the adhesive right up the natural lash. Def a little too much adhesive but this will come with practice. Try keeping them isolated a little while longer as stickies distort the lashes making them pint in the wrong directions and not completely straight making them look neat. I would stick to shorter lashes too as they will look thicker when you are just starting out but all in all they are not bad. Practice is the key. X

The stickies (small amount of clumpy lashes) can easily be rectified by a faster adhesive and by pulling the adhesive right up the natural lash. Def a little too much adhesive but this will come with practice. Try keeping them isolated a little while longer as stickies distort the lashes making them pint in the wrong directions and not completely straight making them look neat. I would stick to shorter lashes too as they will look thicker when you are just starting out but all in all they are not bad. Practice is the key. X

Thanks for your advice bonkers, I use flirties expert so I think the longer isolation is really the key and less glue xx

Last edited:
Thanks for your advice bonkers, I use flirties expert so I think the longer isolation is really the key and less glue xx

With the expert strength I suggest the correct amount to be 3 tiny (very tiny) dots of the adhesive on the extensions once you have pulled approx half your extension through lightly. Sweep it up the natural lash twice to smooth out the adhesive. With the correct amount the natural lash and the extension should attract quite nicely together creating a smooth bond if you have any extra dots smooth them off with the end of a micro brush.

I also like the new Flirties ultra adhesive too x

With the expert strength I suggest the correct amount to be 3 tiny (very tiny) dots of the adhesive on the extensions once you have pulled approx half your extension through lightly. Sweep it up the natural lash twice to smooth out the adhesive. With the correct amount the natural lash and the extension should attract quite nicely together creating a smooth bond if you have any extra dots smooth them off with the end of a micro brush.

I also like the new Flirties ultra adhesive too x

Thanks bonkers, I've got another set tomorrow night so I'll take all your advice and hopefully see an improvement 😃 x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398368529.821295.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398368591.609065.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398368628.579111.jpg

Had a play with some L curls, these are a bit new to me.
They are very unforgiving so straight placement is paramount.

I used c curl in the inner and outer corner - this is an infill and last time was unhappy with the severity of the L curl on the corners so wanted to have a play with how these two curls worked today and on the whole I was pleased.

Lielash have u used two lengths only?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I m noticing almost everyone is using lashes without mixing . Eg if they have used 12 mm it is on outer corner then middle is 10 mm then inner corner is 8mm . That is giving a fan look. Why do u not mix them through out? Is this what looks more trendy ? Would lov to hear :)

I m noticing almost everyone is using lashes without mixing . Eg if they have used 12 mm it is on outer corner then middle is 10 mm then inner corner is 8mm . That is giving a fan look. Why do u not mix them through out? Is this what looks more trendy ? Would lov to hear :)

Hi, The L Curl and C Curl are just 2 types of curls. Different lengths are used throughout.
Hope this helps :)

An 8mm is used in the inner corners as opposed to a 12mm as the lashes are a lot shorter here, whereas on the outer lashes there are usually alot longer/thicker and therefore a longer lash extension is more appropriate. Generally a 12mm wouldn't be suitable for a lash on the inner corners. Using the correct length/thickness of lash extensions is an important part of a responsible lash technician job as we don't want to be applying lashes that could cause trauma to the natural lash. X

Lielash have u used two lengths only?

The lengths use are as follows

C curl in 8 and 9mm
Then L curl 10/11/12/11mm
C curl 11/10mm

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398468096.494330.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398468086.089150.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398468086.089150.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 221
Another classic set I love doing eyelash extensions! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398515378.039894.jpg

Sent from my V370 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1398522393610.jpg
    1398522393610.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 191
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398527684.783500.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398527700.967270.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398527731.167939.jpg

C curl .20 top 2 photos 11-14 mm
Bottom pic c curl 11-15 mm

Latest posts

Back