Show us your lashes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did these recently for a client. She looked in the mirror and said 'sorry, I don't think that there's any difference!' Are they that bad??

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Did you show her the before and after pics? I had someone say that to me once, but when I showed the pictures she saw it. They expect them to look really thick and fake I think. A lot of people don't understand that it's best nit to overweight the lashes.

I did, but she claimed that in the mirror they still looked the same. However, she did eventually admit that she thought they'd be thick and heavy like the set from her previous therapist. You're spot on.

They look really well done but dont look much difference in length, but that's just from pic x

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

They look really well done but dont look much difference in length, but that's just from pic x

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

I agree - I worried that they would look spidery if I went too long on her. For her next set I will use 0.7 lashes and use B lashes instead of C. X

This is the first set of lashes I have done on a real model. I decided to buy the kit from lashbase because it was rated #1 on salongeek. Any feedback is super appreciated!

Attachments

• Untitled-13.jpg
    Untitled-13.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 356
Last edited:
Any feedback is appreciated! I took the before and after picture in different lighting, that's why the eyes look different colors.

Attachments

• Violetta.jpg
    Violetta.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 364
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376776876.978804.jpg

Full set c curl 0.20s 9s -11s

0.15 thickness, J 13's

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376781935.510681.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376781935.510681.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 329
a set I did today!

Attachments

• IMG_20130817_221648.jpg
    IMG_20130817_221648.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 343
Last edited:
I agree - I worried that they would look spidery if I went too long on her. For her next set I will use 0.7 lashes and use B lashes instead of C. X

Noooo don't use B lashes on her, move up to a D lash. This lady looks like she has quite heavy lids, the extension needs to come out and up for them to show. If you move down to a B lash they are going to be even less obvious.

When using a D lash on older clients, ensure you still stay in the .15 or thinner diameter but you can afford to go slightly longer to compensate for the curl, for example, if you would normally use a 10mm in C curl, use an 11mm in D curl, it will come out looking the same length due to the curl :). D curls aren't just for super glam looks, they are ideal for older clients and clients with hooded lids, go on, try it :)

Noooo don't use B lashes on her, move up to a D lash. This lady looks like she has quite heavy lids, the extension needs to come out and up for them to show. If you move down to a B lash they are going to be even less obvious.

When using a D lash on older clients, ensure you still stay in the .15 or thinner diameter but you can afford to go slightly longer to compensate for the curl, for example, if you would normally use a 10mm in C curl, use an 11mm in D curl, it will come out looking the same length due to the curl :). D curls aren't just for super glam looks, they are ideal for older clients and clients with hooded lids, go on, try it :)

Thank you for that advice. I'll do that and upload some pics to show the difference. X

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376943531.120943.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376943568.216729.jpg
C curl 10,12,14mm

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376943636.599738.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1376943648.249049.jpg
C curl, 8,10,12mm

Hi I really can't decide who to train with , i am interested in these 3:
The eyelash emporium
Ah Francis
Lash fx
Who would you recommend?
Really can't decide :/ lol want to make the right choice?

Hi I really can't decide who to train with , i am interested in these 3:
The eyelash emporium
Ah Francis
Lash fx
Who would you recommend?
Really can't decide :/ lol want to make the right choice?

I'm interested too..... :)

I'd recommend eyelash emporium. Can't comment on others as I trained with eyelash emporium but they were very thorough and very hot on health and safety. The products are great too x

I'd recommend eyelash emporium. Can't comment on others as I trained with eyelash emporium but they were very thorough and very hot on health and safety. The products are great too x

Where did you do it?I do like the look of that one, how's it going for you? Ahh That's good to know :) x

This is the first set of lashes I have done on a real model. I decided to buy the kit from lashbase because it was rated #1 on salongeek. Any feedback is super appreciated!

These are beautiful! Well done. Your client has very straight natural lashes. Did you perm them first & what curl have you used? Xxx

These are beautiful! Well done. Your client has very straight natural lashes. Did you perm them first & what curl have you used? Xxx

Thank you! No, I didn't perm them. I curled them slightly before applying lashes. I used C curl on her in 8mm, 10mm, and 12mm. I think I will try the B curl next time.

Latest posts

Back