Show us your lashes!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, they look good for just starting out. But I would suggest to try and make fuller - that will come with time and practise. Also to use less glue.
She will get there with a few more under her belt :)

Thank you for the feedback, she's using Lashbase and the thickness she's using is 0.25 I believe do you think she should use thicker or thinner ones? It'll be me who's ordering the lashes so would be great to hear what curl and thickness I should order? She's using her kit for practice at the moment x

Thank you for the feedback, she's using Lashbase and the thickness she's using is 0.25 I believe do you think she should use thicker or thinner ones? It'll be me who's ordering the lashes so would be great to hear what curl and thickness I should order? She's using her kit for practice at the moment x

0.25 may be easier to practice with as they can be easier to pick up with tweezers. But normally people wouldn't use any higher than 0.20 as most peoples natural lashes cannot safely support the weight of 0.25 extensions long-term x

I would order sizes 0.25 and 0.15. That way you can cater for both types of lashes. The ones that can hold the thicker lash and the ones that can't hold a thicker lash. I like to blend both sizes too, that gives a nice look.
I would get these in J curl for a more natural look and C curl for a eyelash curler look and more glam look.

I would stock sizes 8,10,12 and 14 for now, and see how you get on with these. Hope that helps xx

I would order sizes 0.25 and 0.15. That way you can cater for both types of lashes. The ones that can hold the thicker lash and the ones that can't hold a thicker lash. I like to blend both sizes too, that gives a nice look.
I would get these in J curl for a more natural look and C curl for a eyelash curler look and more glam look.

I would stock sizes 8,10,12 and 14 for now, and see how you get on with these. Hope that helps xx

Thank you for your help :) sorry to be a pain but I have one more.. :p she probably knows this answer already but just incase it wasn't covered in her training, how do you know which lashes can hold a thicker lash and which ones can't? X

Thank you for your help :) sorry to be a pain but I have one more.. :p she probably knows this answer already but just incase it wasn't covered in her training, how do you know which lashes can hold a thicker lash and which ones can't? X

You can just tell. Small, thin, blonde lashes you would put thinner lashes on. And thicker, longer looking lashes you would put thicker ones on.

When you apply a 0.25 you can tell if to thick for the lash as it will weight it down
X

Yeh she would have been told all that on her training but u just know when u get used to it what lashes fit what and if you dont know, you will soon find out when u put one on that is too heavy as the natural lash just droops and can't handle it xx
Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi, 0.25's are too thick and heavy for natural lashes, if the extension is thicker than the clients lash, then its too heavy, will not lasts long and will cause damage.
Sam x

I don't agree. Some clients can take them and some can't. It depends on client.
I have never damaged anyone's lashes with 0.25 - BUT would only use them if I think my clients lashes are suitable.

Totally agree with KGsalon here... X

I don't agree. Some clients can take them and some can't. It depends on client.
I have never damaged anyone's lashes with 0.25 - BUT would only use them if I think my clients lashes are suitable.

As Rubytues said, it can damage the lashes, it will pull them from their root before its naturally ready to come out. Yes it does depend on the client....the client's lashes.
Your not agreeing but then saying the same thing? This might confuse a newbie xx :D

As Rubytues said, it can damage the lashes, it will pull them from their root before its naturally ready to come out. Yes it does depend on the client....the client's lashes.
Your not agreeing but then saying the same thing? This might confuse a newbie xx :D

Then maybe newbees should stick with 0.15 until they have experience and can judge themselves if a clients lashes can take 0.25 or not. I didn't start using 0.25 until a year in of experience.
This is a topic that some will never agree on, I think it's down to opinion. I don't think they would sell to us if was a fact they damaged your lashes - and I wouldn't use them if I could see my clients lashes being damaged.
I have clients 1 year on still getting infils and always been having 0.25.
But I had a lady come in today, that as soon as I saw her lashes I new she could only have 0.15.

This is what I'm Intersted about when I go on the volume course on Monday. If people say 0.25 damage your lashes.... Then why don't they say that about 3-6 0.7 on 1 lash??? I'll find out next week.

Then maybe newbees should stick with 0.15 until they have experience and can judge themselves if a clients lashes can take 0.25 or not. I didn't start using 0.25 until a year in of experience.
This is a topic that some will never agree on, I think it's down to opinion. I don't think they would sell to us if was a fact they damaged your lashes - and I wouldn't use them if I could see my clients lashes being damaged.
But I had a lady come in today, that as soon as I saw her lashes I new she could only have 0.15.

This is what I'm Intersted about when I go on the volume course on Monday. If people say 0.25 damage your lashes.... Then why don't they say that about 3-6 0.7 on 1 lash??? I'll find out next week.

Yeh I think you have mis understood what she was saying hun.
It was advising that a lash too heavy for a clients lash could damage, hence stick with the thinner until u 100% know if a natural lash is strong enough.
We're all in agreement, just a bit of mixed communication :) xx

Yeh I think you have mis understood what she was saying hun.
It was advising that a lash too heavy for a clients lash could damage, hence stick with the thinner until u 100% know if a natural lash is strong enough.
We're all in agreement, just a bit of mixed communication :) xx

Haha I agree. Sometimes I'm not good at explaining too....,. Bloody dyslexia 😗😔🙈

I have always wondered this though actually lol

Surely if they say 2 x 0.10 is equivalent to a 0.20, then 6 x 0.07 is the equivalent of a 0.42 is it not? (I know not everyone has 6 lashes on a volume set, was just an example lol)

This has always confused me. Lol

Btw I'm not against volume lashes, I love them and have them done myself :) but I've never understood that side of it lol.

Xxxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have always wondered this though actually lol

Surely if they say 2 x 0.10 is equivalent to a 0.20, then 6 x 0.07 is the equivalent of a 0.42 is it not? (I know not everyone has 6 lashes on a volume set, was just an example lol)

This has always confused me. Lol

Btw I'm not against volume lashes, I love them and have them done myself :) but I've never understood that side of it lol.

Xxxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

That's the thing I was trying to work out - someone was saying over on this thread that 6 x 0.07 make a 0.21 which in my calculation is 0.42? Am I missing something here ? X

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389855539.315418.jpg
Right, this was the quickest thing I could whip up on my phone to explain this weight issue on volume lashes!
If you took 3 same length extensions 1 x 0.20 & 2 x 0.10, the two 0.10s would collectively weight less than the 0.20.
If you compared them from the bottom end or sliced through the middle, you'd see that the 0.20 it bigger overall than the two 0.10s and therefore is higher in volume and weighs more!
Does that make sense? X

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389855482.403202.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1389855482.403202.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 138
I have found alot of younger girls who naturally have good eyelashes are more suited to 0.25 and older clients 0.15/0.20 depending on lashes x

View attachment 52885
Right, this was the quickest thing I could whip up on my phone to explain this weight issue on volume lashes!
If you took 3 same length extensions 1 x 0.20 & 2 x 0.10, the two 0.10s would collectively weight less than the 0.20.
If you compared them from the bottom end or sliced through the middle, you'd see that the 0.20 it bigger overall than the two 0.10s and therefore is higher in volume and weighs more!
Does that make sense? X

Thanks for this. Makes more sense but hard to get your head around lol!
So if you applied 6 0.7 on 1 natural lash do you know how much that weight would be?
Xx

Thanks for this. Makes more sense but hard to get your head around lol!
So if you applied 6 0.7 on 1 natural lash do you know how much that weight would be?
Xx

Sadly I don't know how to calculate it exactly. I'm yet to learn it, but you might find out soon when you do your training. If I find out before you I will share my knowledge! Xx

Latest posts

Back