Sidelines in salons

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liane

Reaction score
I have just opened a nail and beauty salon and wanted to do a sideline in there, some have bags, candles, soaps, etc. Does anyone have anything similar? Are some things more profitable than others? :biggrin:

I have just opened a nail and beauty salon and wanted to do a sideline in there, some have bags, candles, soaps, etc. Does anyone have anything similar? Are some things more profitable than others? :biggrin:

This is just my opinion, but when I see a beauty salon with a load of other stuff on sale that isn't industry-related i.e. jewellery etc etc, I just think they are struggling and look quite desperate. I think so long as you keep it to soaps and cosmetics I think that will be ok, but start adding a load of other stuff in, it screams "im struggling please come in" which to me is really off-putting for some reason - I think it shows lack of professionalism I guess. I recently saw a tanning shop selling clothes and all the windows were full with the clothes the shop kind of lost it's identity as a tanning salon and thought to myself someone would have to pay me to go in there. Sorry but hope that helps xx

Totally agree.
I would consider some really classy silver jewellery, and we sell all the obvious - make up, skincare etc, and also candle which are very popular, but cannot bear to see things like bags in a salon!
I like things that make nice gifts - soaps, candles etc, but to me bags are a no!

Vicki x

I think it depends on the age of your clients, where you are, what is a good seller at the moment in your town.
I sell Tropic Skincare, it's 100% natural products etc and I get a commission from it. It just sells itself now, people walk in or call for replacement a products. I order on line and they come in 3 days normally. I try to have a little bit of stock so that people can buy it there and then too.

Latest posts

Back