Sienna X horrible wear off, help. Pictures

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monika

Reaction score
Hi Ladies.
I've had two different clients on two different days that are having a terrible wear off with Sienna X. The first picture is 10% after 6 days, which was understandable, even though it isn't even and only occurred behind the knees.
The rest of the pictures are an 8% and this happend after a few days. The armpit looks really bad.. I must have sprayed too much, find that they either come out too white or too dark.. The last picture is clients side/hip.
I have been spraying for a month and this is bringing my confidence down. Am I spraying too much solution? I have now changed my t200 gun settings to only about half a turn and think it's better now. Maybe this happend because both clients came for a repeat appointment a possibly still had some left over tan from last time? Please advise what you think. I've even thought on changing to a different solution, I'll try some samples first.
Thanks in advance! X

Attachments

• 1434824617771.jpg
    1434824617771.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 254
  • 1434824659220.jpg
    1434824659220.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 209
  • 1434824669643.jpg
    1434824669643.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 200
  • 1434824678793.jpg
    1434824678793.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 199
Are these ladies prepping their skin properly before you tan them? I could be wrong but in the pics their skin looks extremely dry. Are they following proper after care advice? Also im not sure where you trained, where i trained and also the way i teach is to not spray the armpit at all. No one has a natural tanned arm pit and it just looks unnatural. Maybe its just the photos but that tan looks quite orange. Maybe the flash of the camera? If not try and stay away from red based solutions. Also check the wattage if your machine. Anything over 450watts is too high and that would be why its throwing out the solution. Ive tried many solutions in the years ive been in beauty therapy trying to find the best of the best and my favourite it fakebake. The typical 8 hour tan. (I hate the quick 2hr tans). When you said that you find clients come out too white do u mean after youve tanned them or after theyve showered? The tan you see after you tan them is just a bronzer agent added so you can see where youve tanned. That is what clients see washing off in the shower. So dont base your tan on how light the bronzer is just make sure its even. If you keep spraying them cos it looks light, they will come out orange!!! Remember to give them thorough pre and post care advice, it makes all the difference

I am definitely no expert but i would say it does look a bit like the tan has gone on a bit wet, when my gun was playing up a whole ago I had to spray with my gun turned up and the tan (luckily a friend) had this sort of cracked appearance. I would have gun turned right down so only light spray comes out and when I spray down under arm I do a light spray from wrist all way down through arm pit to hip if that makes sense and I get them to keep arm up while I do otherwise so it completely dries. Back of knees is tricky I always find on myself that this bit is never quite perfect cos of bending legs it wears off quicker and also when I'm sleeping in tan I bend my legs in sleep so always wake up with bit of a line. Not sure if that all helps or not! Lol x

Ladies thanks for your replies.
I was trained with Sienna and yes, I should not spray the armpit but other times I avoided them and there was a big difference in colour and I must have sprayed way too much in that area this time.. I feel like my gun was set completely wrong. I was told on training 2.5 turns, which was, like you said spitting out the solution. I read a few threads on here and set it to half a turn only and it seems so much better! Don't understand why on training they told us that.. The amount of overspray was just ridiculous! I'm really thinking of changing my products. I'll give it another few goes with these different settings but if it's still not right, I'll be looking for something else.. Perhaps the Moroccan Tan.. Need to look into that thoughcause I don't think it's been on the market for long. Thanks again Girls! X

Without writing a essay it looks to me like you have used way too much solution on their skin and they have been getting hot/sweaty and not moisturising.

Just turn your gun down and your fine! :)

Stick with Sienna X. I use it and my clients love it. Like you I was over spraying for a while and using too much solution. I've turned my gun down now and it's much better. You'll get more confident with it over time. Sienna X I find does dry your skin out so just tell your clients to moisturise well and start exfoliating about 4 days after the spray application.

Ps. I use sienna x and have trialled lots but still find it's best for long wear and great fade off. Keep your gun setting low and you will b fine. U cant help what clients do or dont after they leave u can only advise. Good luck! X

Aww thanks to each one of you! It's hard at the beginning, it's all about practise. Might spray tonight so I'll see how this one comes out with the different settings. I'll give it all another chance! Thanks for the confidence boost! X

Hi I use laurens way tan and my clients love it , try there samples and you can see for your self

Hi,
The skin is cracked on each picture so its one of 3 things (as mentioned by some above);
Over spraying - tun your gun down to a fine mist and do 2 x fine coats I advise (anything over 50ml is waste, how much are you using?)
Not moisturising - for most moisturising once a day is sufficient but for more sensitive skin types twice is better
Sensitive skin - you have said you have used light tan on one so possibly not in this case but for some the skin doesn't react well to DHA and it dries the skin to the point where you see it cracking the tanned layers of skin. In this instance I would recommend going for a lower DHA and ensuring the client is aware to shower after 8 hours of development (some leave it on 24 hours which is far to drying for most) and moisturise twice per day as above.

Hope this helps though I think I've just about re-itterated what others have said :)

I found I often got this problem with Sienna X. It was just a bit too orange and the wear off was not good. I use Nouvatan now but it is still important to ensure the client is following the aftercare, also tell them to beware of products containing Sodium laurel sulphate (found in lots of body washes and shower gels) as this can dry your skin out. I also tell my clients to gradually start to exfoliate after a few days as otherwise you end up with old skin left and if they have another tan a week later it just causes a nasty build up.

I personally think sienna is a little orangey so any wear off will be a little obvious in this case you need to turn your gun down and you only need to spray once any more you're wasting profit the skin only accepts so much DHA no matter the solution so anything extra is just sitting on the skin as a guide waiting to be washed off DONT WASTE YOUR PROFIT!!!
It also looks like either improper prep or after care or both a lot of clients think that it isn't important but your pictures prove it is. Also the fact the worst of it is behind the knees it is a sweat spot so more prone to this like the armpits and cleavage.

Rachel is right anything over 50ml is a waste but it will come with practice I advise turning your gun all the way down get some couch roll and slowly turn your gun back normally around the 10 to mark on most guns and test until the right amount of fine spray comes out

I'm probably using under 100ml but I'm annoyed because if I have about 50/60ml in the cup it doesn't reach to spray enough so I ended up having to add more solution. I've turned my gun down and it seems to be better but not tried it on anybody yet, just in the couch roll. It annoys me that I tell my clients and friends over and over about the prep and aftercare but still feel they don't follow properly. Thanks for all the comments. I'll let you know how the next spray goes. Need my confidence back! X

You will always get clients that don't listen twice last week i told a new client to wash her tan off in 1-4 hours twice she told me she'd leave it till the sat night (sprayed Friday night) and looked shocked when I said I wouldn't stand on it if for any reason she wasn't happy as she hadn't taken my professional advice. Needless to say I don't know when she ended up washing it off but I have seen pics on fb and it looked very good (fingers crossed)

I always put more in my cup and then use a funnel to pour any unused solution back into the bottle. Saves waste x

Latest posts

Back