Sienna X Spray Tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ker3003

Reaction score
I've used Sienna X for over 3 years and did my training with them and have always liked using it. However I ordered a bottle of 12% solution a couple weeks ago and when I went to use it, it was green!! It was stored with my other solutions which were all fine so was obviously a problem with storage at head office or something.
I know it's only one thing but it has put me off, also the new tan (ones in golden coloured bottles) doesn't seem to be as good as the old ones. I'm not sure if they've changed ingredients or something.
Looking for some advice as don't know whether to stick with them or change supplier, would also be nice to not have to buy so many shades of solution!! X

I've switched tans due to this it's happened with the last 6 bottles I've had and I couldnt afford to keep wasting that much tan so I've swapped to Suntana. Think it's ridiculous you only get to use it a few times for the amount it is for a litre! In saying that nothing compares to a sienna x tan but I just can't justify the huge hike in my cost per service due to having to throw away half a litre of tan xx

I've switched tans due to this it's happened with the last 6 bottles I've had and I couldnt afford to keep wasting that much tan so I've swapped to Suntana. Think it's ridiculous you only get to use it a few times for the amount it is for a litre! In saying that nothing compares to a sienna x tan but I just can't justify the huge hike in my cost per service due to having to throw away half a litre of tan xx

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's had this problem. Just had a look at Suntana the prices look much better, how do you find it? Xx

I always use brown bitz tan. Which is an amazing tan and price. I have just took on sienna as well, but must say I wont be keeping it on. Going to use up what i have but sticking with brown bitz and crazy angels fast tan as both soooo much better xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Nouvatan is fantastic. If you clients love sienna they will love nouvatan. Buy 3 litres of tan and get each one for £31. Fade off and colour are fab. I also find that sienna x can be a bit orange too. It's just sienna x is the most well known brand in spray tan solution and so many clients ask for it. Take the plunge you won't regret it plus your profit margin will increase also x

Nouvatan is fantastic. If you clients love sienna they will love nouvatan. Buy 3 litres of tan and get each one for £31. Fade off and colour are fab. I also find that sienna x can be a bit orange too. It's just sienna x is the most well known brand in spray tan solution and so many clients ask for it. Take the plunge you won't regret it plus your profit margin will increase also x

Nouvatan looks good aswell! Do you stock all the shades or just some of them? X

I use la tan, love the colours and the fade off and I've just thrown a bottle away that I've had 18 months and still wasn't green!!!

10 and 12% and 20% for the serious tan addict lol x (rapid tan) x so it works out £93 for 3 litres = £££s x

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's had this problem. Just had a look at Suntana the prices look much better, how do you find it? Xx
I thought it was just me too!!
Iam finding the colour similar but slightly lighter so have switched clients that would normally have a 10% to 12% and so forth. My only issue is that they only go up to 14% which is not dark enough for a few of my clients so I need to look into another tan for that! However on the whole Iam pleased with the colour, fade off and the price lol!

Meant to add as well that the reason I switched to suntana was that I had some old samples in my cupboard and desperately needed a spray tan myself but went to have it and found my sienna was green. I chanced it with those samples which had been in my cupboard unopened for well over a year(obviously not advisable to use on a client but fine on yourself)and there was not a hint of green in the tan which I was really impressed with l!

Think I'll order some samples and try them out on some of my clients. Used to love Sienna X and thought I'd never change but think it has gone down hill which is a shame! Thanks girls :) x

Hi! Sorry to jump on this thread! But was wondering how long does the sienna x spray tan solution last for unopened?
I know it lasts for 6 months opened...
If anyone knows it would be much appreciated :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use Nouvatan and tried loads of others and it's the best most natural colour, best fade off and all my clients love it. I stock 8, 12 and 20 and then mix 10. You could also mix 14 and 16 with these but I don't ever need to. I'm using loads of the 20 as a rapid tan, leave it 2 hours for 8%, 3 hours for 10% and 4 hours for 12%. Brilliant stuff and great customer service. I tried Sienna, LA Tan, Xentan, Suntana and they didn't compare.

Hi all, sorry to jump on your thread, I am new to spray tanning, have been using sienna x but all of my clients have been giving me feedback to the tan is too light, also one did say it was a bit orange for her, I've been really disappointed in the produc which is a shame - I did so much research and really thought I'd made the right decision. I know they have added any anti ageing ingredient to their product recently so maybe that is effecting the tanning development. It's interesting to read that others are having problems with the product too. :eek:

Hi all, sorry to jump on your thread, I am new to spray tanning, have been using sienna x but all of my clients have been giving me feedback to the tan is too light, also one did say it was a bit orange for her, I've been really disappointed in the produc which is a shame - I did so much research and really thought I'd made the right decision. I know they have added any anti ageing ingredient to their product recently so maybe that is effecting the tanning development. It's interesting to read that others are having problems with the product too. :eek:

That is another reason I switched I lost a few regular clients as they found the tan just wasn't dark enough anymore, possibly they changed the formulation?

That is another reason I switched I lost a few regular clients as they found the tan just wasn't dark enough anymore, possibly they changed the formulation?

They must have changed something ! I'm going to try fake bake and Nouvatan now and see what my clients think. Maybe Sienna X is for people that want a glow - everyone in my area wants a proper tan! Good luck with finding the product for you. X

I have the same problem it just doesn't seem to be as dark anymore. I hardly ever had to use the 16% but recently had to use it more to try get darker tan and even then had a few girls say they still didn't think it was dark enough.
It is fairly expensive to buy and if your spending that kind if money you expect good results and happy clients!
Definately going to try a different tan and look to changing brands x

Do Sienna-X not help you out when you tell them about this problem?

I've used Sienna X for over 3 years and did my training with them and have always liked using it. However I ordered a bottle of 12% solution a couple weeks ago and when I went to use it, it was green!! It was stored with my other solutions which were all fine so was obviously a problem with storage at head office or something.
I know it's only one thing but it has put me off, also the new tan (ones in golden coloured bottles) doesn't seem to be as good as the old ones. I'm not sure if they've changed ingredients or something.
Looking for some advice as don't know whether to stick with them or change supplier, would also be nice to not have to buy so many shades of solution!! X

We're sorry to hear that - our fresh solution is stored in optimum conditions here at Sienna X, so it seems rather strange. Did you call us and report the issue? If you PM me, I will see what I can do for you :)

Adam
Sienna X

I use Sienna X and if I had experienced these problems I would have called them straight away - customer service is ALWAYS great.

I've followed a couple of threads recently about Sienna X and I think it is very important that people know and understand the brand. I tested about 10 solutions and decided on Sienna X and LA Tan. If a customer said to me I want to be REALLY dark, I would never use Sienna X because that's not what they are about - they are about beautiful, natural tans. I have mature clients who have never had tans (they've seen the disasters walking around) and vowed never to go there - I've shown them that spray tans are not only horrible, orange or super dark.

You've got to do your homework and find a brand (or brands) to fit around your client. I've got loads of bookings for weddings - I WOULD NOT advise a bride to use LA Tan Disco!! Sienna X will be perfect whatever the %.

Latest posts

Back