Signage for home salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hansypansy

Reaction score
I am thinknig about putting a small sign up with my salon name and logo next to my front door when I open. I think it will give a professional feel, but it would mainly be so that clients know they are in the right place! Is this something you guys have done? Do I need to get permission to do this? Thanks! X

Hi you will need to check with your local planning department ,i had a bit of a nightmare regarding this ,it would have cost me about 600 pound to get the planning done as I wanted to put 2 signs on my shed as this is the best place for people to see them on my street ,i managed to get around the planning by putting the behind glass with a frame ie a window ,because you can put what you like in a window but not just stick up a sign ,its a joke really, but all councils will have different requirements good luck :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

I had a sign on the wall by my front door that just said my name and 'Beauty and Holistic therapist. It wasn't advertising at all, just as you say, letting people know that they're in the right place. No planning required for it!

I've a sign next to my front door...ill attach a pic xx

This is mine/ was free from vistaprint :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1362079433.505342.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1362079433.505342.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 221
My council doesn't let you put any signage up. I remember this being discussed before and some people got round it by putting magnetic signs on their car which was parked in their drive.

Not at home now to take pic but I have a small postcard size pic of treatment room with 'Welcome to The Treatment Den' in an ikea frame next to my doorbell in our porch. Not to advertise I am here but just to let clients know they are in right place.

Put it inside. I have seen a few house's with signs inside the home showing through glass.
You could also use a window cling near the door, maybe living room window just out of sight behind the curtain or blinds. Or use your gate and cable tie them to there xoxo

Latest posts

Back