Silk NNO - new set every 3 weeks...?!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moopie

Reaction score
I was talking to a friend today who gets her nails done in a local salon - they are ALWAYS packed, completely full, 7 days a week. She has been going there for ages and is very loyal.

Today, when I asked about her nails which are usually a fairly long NNO she explained that it got to be too expensive and too much upkeep /take too much time to maintain.

She went on to tell me that she was getting silk wraps, going once every week for a fill/rebalance and polish, and then every 3 weeks they would remove the entire set and redo. I'm not trained in silk, and I have no idea what system they were using (nor does she) but this seems a little silly!!!

Especially since to cut down on time at the salon, she would BITE off the NNO's so she wouldnt have to sit through her soak! ahhhH! :Scared:

Is there any good reason they would do this???

There is no reason they would have to soak off and replace with a new full set, unless there was so much lifting that it would be easier to replace with a new set rather than sit and buff off the majority of the product.

Hi,
We do loads of silk in the salon and I have`nt come accross this.Some clients are higher maintainence than others but this seems excessive.
If she`s wearing white tips and they`ve grown out maybe(?) that could be why but an infill every week????
My silk clients get an infil every 2-4 weeks and a new set as and when.If they are wearing white tips and don`t want to wear polish they sometimes get new nails every second or third time.
If she`s trashing them so quickly maybe she needs to try another system,otherwise look at contra indications?mediction?life syle.
Hope this helps,

Latest posts

Back