Simple balayage tip!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamlea87

Reaction score
This seems to work well, especially if you are doing a base colour at the same time and don't want to rinse the back first...

Once the back is nearly lightened, just remove the cling film from the back so it slows down until it is all ready.

Its simple but I have found it very useful! I learnt it off someone on instagram but can't remember who so please credit them if anyone knows who. 😀

Have ever applied a root colour and then balayaged straight on top of it without rinsing in-between?

I often do that if you are going for more of a blended colour melt type of result put it works better if you don't over-saturate the root colour. For example I often apply the root colour and paint the lengths and ends with either lowlights or highlights.

But if I am doing more classic balayage right up to the scalp I would do the roots/glossing first. And yes it makes me run behind 😛

If you were asking if I would apply an entire tint and then balayage, I have seen it demo'ed but personally it's not my approach to colour but it can work somewhat.

Nooo not full head i can imagine that to be messy! Thanks for the info!

Well when I saw it done it was using Inoa for the base so it looked tricky. But if doing the roots at the same time you just need to know that the tint will lower the lift and you still need to pull the hair with tension.

Today I tried balayage with a wooden paddle and the siggers brushes, they are so stiff. I don't know if the artigo clay bleach is that thick but I nearly flicked the bleach (platinium) in my eyes. Anyone else use those brushes?

Well when I saw it done it was using Inoa for the base so it looked tricky. But if doing the roots at the same time you just need to know that the tint will lower the lift and you still need to pull the hair with tension.

Today I tried balayage with a wooden paddle and the siggers brushes, they are so stiff. I don't know if the artigo clay bleach is that thick but I nearly flicked the bleach (platinium) in my eyes. Anyone else use those brushes?

That'd be painful!

I was painful I got bleach marks on my new jumper! Think I'll stick with my loreal brushes

I was painful I got bleach marks on my new jumper! Think I'll stick with my loreal brushes

Thats even worse than getting it in your eye😱

I'm glad you understand! I swear everytime I where something new to the salon, I have a messy colour correction in. And I don't wear aprons, never have never will they are so unflattering :p �😛😛😜😛😛😛😛😛😜😛:p

Have ever applied a root colour and then balayaged straight on top of it without rinsing in-between?

I always apply root colour and balayage at the same time cams, do you wash off dry then balayage? X

Omg boys ur soooo vain 😂

I do it all in one go it's messy and I wipe my hands constantly but it's much quicker

I'm glad you understand! I swear everytime I where something new to the salon, I have a messy colour correction in. And I don't wear aprons, never have never will they are so unflattering :p í*½ðŸ˜›ðŸ˜›ðŸ˜œðŸ˜›ðŸ˜›ðŸ˜›ðŸ˜›ðŸ˜›ðŸ˜œðŸ˜›:p

I feel your pain!

I always apply root colour and balayage at the same time cams, do you wash off dry then balayage? X

Yeah but Ive been really interested in applying the root colour then balayage lately, i get weird little obsessions like that its been stuck in my head! X

I always apply root tint & then balayage straight on top. Is brill with wella freelights & paddle. Too much of a faff/time/stress to do it all seperately

Does anyone paint or balayage lowlights?

If so, do you have any recommendations for color line or tips, technique? Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks:)

I always apply root tint & then balayage straight on top. Is brill with wella freelights & paddle. Too much of a faff/time/stress to do it all seperately

Same 👍 x

Latest posts

Back