Simple balayage tip!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never heard of wella free lights. Can you tell me what that is? Thanks:)

It a wella bleach made for the balyage technique. Look for videos on YouTube.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app

Great tip and welcome back! I love reading all of the balayage tips even in this thread. There can *never* be too many balayage tips as far as I'm concerned.

(New to this, 1st time posting) :)
Today I applied a root colour then balayaged Redken flashlift (bleach) with 30 vol over the top. I didn't use cling film or foil to cover as I don't normally. This was the first time I have done balayage with a door colour at the same time, I wasn't 100% happy with the results.. My colour was patchy and also had a few bleeds from my bleach! Now feeling slightly disappointed.. Any tips?!

(New to this, 1st time posting) :)
Today I applied a root colour then balayaged Redken flashlift (bleach) with 30 vol over the top. I didn't use cling film or foil to cover as I don't normally. This was the first time I have done balayage with a door colour at the same time, I wasn't 100% happy with the results.. My colour was patchy and also had a few bleeds from my bleach! Now feeling slightly disappointed.. Any tips?!

If the colour is patchy or bleeding it could be your application, make sure the texture of the bleach isn't too runny and also watch your body and hand position when painting- generally you want to stand to the side of the section, rather than straight in front and your elbows parallel to the floor so that you are gently smoothing the lightener over the surface only, and not pushing it though the hair, apart from the ends if you need to. If the lightener is saturated unevenly then it will lift unevenly, it should evenly coat the surface or be drier towards the roots if you want it to melt together.

If you are doing a tint at the roots be sure to still have enough tension in the section and the hair is smooth.

Keep at it, we are all learning together. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the advice 👍 I think maybe I had over saturated by bleach towards the root area! I've never had problems before, just when trying it with a root tint! Also, do you use foil or cling film to layer in between each section?!

I use cling film myself.

Latest posts

Back