SJK 1.1 gram stick tips not fitting in micro rings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lb61809

Reaction score
Hi there I am a newly qualified hair extensionist...and have ordered 1.1g hair from sjk...however the stick tips do not fit into the micro rings that I purchased on the sjk website. I have seen larger ones online but a hair extentionist I know has advised me against using larger ring as they slip out more easily and are more prone to matting? She has advised me on cutting the stick tips into a point...but if I have to do this for every client it seems a bit time consuming? Do any more experienced extentionists have any advice??

Thanks x

Hi there I am a newly qualified hair extensionist...and have ordered 1.1g hair from sjk...however the stick tips do not fit into the micro rings that I purchased on the sjk website. I have seen larger ones online but a hair extentionist I know has advised me against using larger ring as they slip out more easily and are more prone to matting? She has advised me on cutting the stick tips into a point...but if I have to do this for every client it seems a bit time consuming? Do any more experienced extentionists have any advice??

Thanks x

This is one of my bug bears with SJK. Why sells hair with tips too big for the micro rings.

I tried cutting at and angle (as advised by SJK) so they fit through the ring. They were still not fitting. In the end I gave up and luckily my lady didn't need all the hair we bought fitted. If I ever use SJK again, I would heat and re-roll.

Yes, this is very time consuming, and you would need to do it befor the fitting. I would be reluctant to do that because if the hair isn't right (the colour differs to the ring etc) then you've ruined the hair and they won't accept a return.

I'm sure some of the more experienced ladies and gents on here can advise if
They have any better hints and tips

Ah ok yeah thanks very much that saves me emailing SJK if they are just going to advise cutting the tips!! Thanks for that!! x

Genuine question, if you can't fit the tip in the ring how do you fit the section hair in?

All I can think is use bigger rings but im not sure where, ive seen 6mm unlined on ebay but not 6mm lined anywhere, why would bigger rings mean more matting?

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think they mean cut the tips at an angle so that the stick fits through??

Yeah I might just order some bigger ones and try them...im gonna test both methods on a friend so i'll see what one works better! Although the woman I know says from her experience larger rings tend to slip out more??

Bit unprofessional not to mention time consuming having to cut every single bond at an angle in order to fit the strands. Don't understand why they don't just provide the correct sized tubes

Bit unprofessional not to mention time consuming having to cut every single bond at an angle in order to fit the strands. Don't understand why they don't just provide the correct sized tubes

I find a tips too large therefore I always trim them down, stick tips and nail tips. Trimming them at an angle isn't any more time consuming. I would imagine most people trim their bonds?

I think they mean cut the tips at an angle so that the stick fits through??

Yeah I might just order some bigger ones and try them...im gonna test both methods on a friend so i'll see what one works better! Although the woman I know says from her experience larger rings tend to slip out more??

What a load of rubbish. Rings slip because of incorrect sectioning and not clamping correctly. Nothing to do with the size!

I find that once the tips are trimmed at an angle, they fit better. I always use 5mm rings and don't have any problems with slippage.

Some tips might not fit at all, but I leave them until the end and if I need to use them, I'll melt them and roll them again.

Try angels of sheerness their hair is amazing the customer service second to none and their mini tips will fit into any rings I can't recommend them enough .. I fit Easilocks as a norm but am very happy with them as a cheaper but quality option.

I find a tips too large therefore I always trim them down, stick tips and nail tips. Trimming them at an angle isn't any more time consuming. I would imagine most people trim their bonds?

So do you just trim them as you go along or do you prepare them the night before? I tried trimming them yesterday for a friend and i just did it as I went along... it took a bit more time but they fitted perfectly!! So thanks everyone for that advice!! x

Yes I cut them down but not individually, I cut around 10 bonds in a bundle at one time wit a sharp pair of scissors, takes 2 seconds, but it would certainly be more time consuming if I had to cut every single bond individually at an angle then re-melt any left over that didn't fit at all. I still stand by what I said on an earlier post. Providing tips that don't fit their rings is un professional, you shouldn't need to mess with the shape of the bond. Plenty other suppliers out there who provide the correct tip sizes to for their rings.

Yes I cut them down but not individually, I cut around 10 bonds in a bundle at one time wit a sharp pair of scissors, takes 2 seconds, but it would certainly be more time consuming if I had to cut every single bond individually at an angle then re-melt any left over that didn't fit at all. I still stand by what I said on an earlier post. Providing tips that don't fit their rings is un professional, you shouldn't need to mess with the shape of the bond. Plenty other suppliers out there who provide the correct tip sizes to for their rings.

I ment to say, I trim tips from all suppliers as I find then all to long. I don't have major problems with sjk's tips being to thick, there's maybe around 20 in 200 that are too big. But it's because the strands are really thick.

So do you just trim them as you go along or do you prepare them the night before? I tried trimming them yesterday for a friend and i just did it as I went along... it took a bit more time but they fitted perfectly!! So thanks everyone for that advice!! x

No, I prepare the hair when I get it. No matter what supplier, I'll always cut them down. I do them one by one to ensure they are all being trimmed to the same length. x

Ive not used SJK before either as im also newly trained, but was planning to use them next as ive read many good things about them on here as a more affordable supplier...

I emailed them asking if their stick tip will fit copper tubes and they said yes, and if i need to just cut them at an angle or to heat the bond with hair straightners and re-roll.

Anyway, what im wondering is - does anyone have experience/advice fitting their hair with copper tubes? Is it going to be a time consuming struggle trying to get them to fit (i usually use 0.8g).

Thanks in advance xx

I have just done a client using 1g from sjk...I didn't have a problem at all with one batch of micro rings I had but struggled with micro rings from a different supplier.

Yes I've had this problem a few times from SJK. I use them for wefts still but won't get stick tips from them until reports improve. All of the hair is hand rolled, so it's the manufacturer where the fault lies x

Latest posts

Back