Skin allergy Testing. Who is responsible?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goodmanc1988

Reaction score
Hello!

Sorry, I have been looking around and couldn't find an answer to my question.

This is a hypothetical question. We implement a very strict policy of "No test, No Tint." Thankfully I have never known anyone have an allergic reaction to colour.

In the case that a salon didn't skin test a client and the client had an allergic reaction, who in law is actually responsible? The salon, the owner or the stylist themselves? I've been asked by a member of staff and to be honest I don't know. I just know that you don't allow it to happen full stop.

Many thanks for your time.

Chris. :D

If you're self employed - you.

If you have an employer - them.

Hello!

Sorry, I have been looking around and couldn't find an answer to my question.

This is a hypothetical question. We implement a very strict policy of "No test, No Tint." Thankfully I have never known anyone have an allergic reaction to colour.

In the case that a salon didn't skin test a client and the client had an allergic reaction, who in law is actually responsible? The salon, the owner or the stylist themselves? I've been asked by a member of staff and to be honest I don't know. I just know that you don't allow it to happen full stop.

Many thanks for your time.

Chris. :D
Depends whether you're employed.

If you're self employed. You'd be at fault.

If you're employed it would be the salon owner/salon

Latest posts

Back