Skin geek needing a bit if advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marymint

Reaction score
Hi, I wonder if someone can help I have brown hair which naturally has a bit of red to it, I have an all over tint of Special ash blonde (12/1 koleston perect) with 12%, it always gets left on for 50 - 60 mins but what is bothering me is sometimes it comes up perfect but sometimes the roots are gingery and you can see the banding ( I know all these terms from the hair students when I was at college lol ) I dont get why it would be fine one time but then not the next if it is the same product left on for the same time ?

It can be many things. The freshness of the peroxide, quality of application, how clean/ dirty the hair is, and hormonal changes during the month.

Someone only has to skimp on mixing exact and applying correctly and you get banding.

Yes that is what I thought, I wash my hair every other day as it gets oily at the roots (obviously if it is due to be washed on the day I am getting my roots done I dont) The last time I got my roots done it happened and it just makes my hair look scruffy and unclean if you know what I mean ! It's annoying, I don't know how to get around this with my hairdresser ?

Latest posts

Back