Skin help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordon

Reaction score
Hi lovelies.
So I've always had clear skin, never had spots or anything and over the past month I've developed massive spots all over my chin and they will not budge I've tried everything and it's really getting me down [emoji26] I feel silly for being so down about it but I'm just not used to it and I feel like I have to be flawless when I'm at work to create the image of a professional beauty therapist.

I don't have the best diet I must admit, I'm a fast food worshiper and I've recently changed my pill from microgynon to rigevedon which I was assured was exactly the same as my previous pill?

If anyone can help me out or suggest a cause or solution is really appreciate it xx

What skincare are you using and what make up?

Chin and jaw breakouts suggest hormonal so I would think it's probably linked with your pill.

Vic x

Breakouts on the chin are usually are sign of a hormonal imbalance which could be due to you changing your pill. I wouldn't worry too much hopefully it will calm down soon

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

What skincare are you using and what make up?

Chin and jaw breakouts suggest hormonal so I would think it's probably linked with your pill.

Vic x
I use dermalogica and Elemis and I use mac make up x

I thought I might of made up that chin breakouts were hormonal usually [emoji28]

Id safely say its your pill - it will probably take your system a few months to get used of it. Same thing happened to me try and battle through it will be worth it in the end!☺

I am the same way. I rarely get spots and when I do I feel like a neon sign is pointing them out.

As the others have said, jawline and chin spots are normally hormonal so it's a safe bet that your pill is causing it. Your body is probably just getting used to the change and will settle down.

In the meantime have you tried any kind of tea tree or witchazel (sorry about spelling) stick? I find that they work really well for me, as well as a little dab of savlon before bed x

Microgynon can actually be used to treat acne so I would guess that stopping this has made your skin flare up, if you have a good GP discuss it with them and they will find you an alerntive x

Hopefully your hormones will rebalance themselves once the new pill kicks in. The Advanced Nutrition Programme do a supplement called Accumax which can help with breakouts - even hormonal ones. It's often available from salons retailing environ skincare x

Hopefully your hormones will rebalance themselves once the new pill kicks in. The Advanced Nutrition Programme do a supplement called Accumax which can help with breakouts - even hormonal ones. It's often available from salons retailing environ skincare x

Can i ask what is in them that helps? Do they contain much biotin? Had a reaction to this before taking imedeen!

I'll check. I think it's mainly (weirdly) broccoli extract x

I'll check. I think it's mainly (weirdly) broccoli extract x
I think I've read before that you use environ? Do you think that's better than dermalogica? I've just heard a few things on here about how it's not as good as they make out [emoji4]

Thank you all so very much! I'm unfortunately travelling in Europe at the minute and can't really do anything about them apart from avoid blocking my skin up with sun cream! [emoji16]

Microgynon can actually be used to treat acne so I would guess that stopping this has made your skin flare up, if you have a good GP discuss it with them and they will find you an alerntive x
There was no problem with my microgynon [emoji20] the nurse is or of my customers and told me there swapping everyone over because rodge exon is cheaper! [emoji35] how horrible! X

There was no problem with my microgynon [emoji20] the nurse is or of my customers and told me there swapping everyone over because rodge exon is cheaper! [emoji35] how horrible! X

My sister has been told this too, and looking at your profile she's in a similar location to you. I have been fobbed off once by a pharmacist who tried to give me a cheaper alternative but I refused and went elsewhere to get microgynon. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!! Xx

I think I've read before that you use environ? Do you think that's better than dermalogica? I've just heard a few things on here about how it's not as good as they make out [emoji4]
Yes I do use and retail environ. It is the best thing I've ever used on my skin. Unfortunately everyone wants a miracle cure, especially when you're paying for it. Results can take time and aren't always a one size fits all. I have a 20 year old daughter who still has breakouts but will probably use environ forever because it looks so much better than it did, but it's far from perfect.

Accumax doesn't contain biotin x

If you stand your ground with your GP and say that you can't get on with the new pill and you would like to carry on with the other they have to take that into account, I'm on Yasmin which is around £15 a quarter compared to around £2.50 quarterly and they keep trying to change mine but I won't budge [emoji6]ps I work part time in a GP surgery that's how I know costs xx

Last edited:
Yes I do use and retail environ. It is the best thing I've ever used on my skin. Unfortunately everyone wants a miracle cure, especially when you're paying for it. Results can take time and aren't always a one size fits all. I have a 20 year old daughter who still has breakouts but will probably use environ forever because it looks so much better than it did, but it's far from perfect.

Accumax doesn't contain biotin x
I wish there was a salon like yours near me, I'd love to go somewhere that really looks after your skin and knows their stuff, there's not a lot like that here and there's fierce competition between the salons and I wouldn't feel comfortable walking into one as a known 'Beauty competitor' [emoji19] its unprofessional and just sad in my eyes.

Latest posts

Back