Skin ripped during Brazillian wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I've been getting brazilians done for more than 5 years; varying methods from hot wax, strips, sugaring, etc.
The girl I've been going to for the last year has left, so I ended up with a different girl in the same salon yesterday. Apart from being kind of abrupt to me, I thought she was doing a pretty good job with the hand sugaring... until we did the edge of the lips. This salon likes their clients to have a hands-on attitude, with clients helping pull the skin tight and that kind of thing. So doing the lips I had to put one hand over the inner lips/clit whilst she was sugaring the hairline - which I did. The waxer told me to not to pull cos otherwise the skin rips, which I know and thought was kind of wierd because I was definitly not pulling!! It felt like she was being a bit rough putting on the sugar, but kept my mouth shut because I'm bad at complaining :confused:
The procedure went fine, or so I thought at the time (even though the waxer wasn't very friendly), but when I got home I saw that the skin between the outer and inner lips has indeed been ripped and it totally hurts. It's not weeping or bleeding, but it's very sore and you can see the line where it has been stretched and ripped... now I don't know whether to complain. And if I do, do I have to go back to show them? All in all, it embarrasses me, but this has also never happened to me either, with 5 years' worth of waxes behind me.
Like I said, I'm bad at complaining :confused:

I'm hoping someone in the profession here can tell me the best (and least embarrassing) way to handle this.

Thanks!

I would go back and ask to speek to the manager. this should not happen, but dont let it put you off the salon or getting the treatment done as this is a comon thing to happen find out how exsperienced the therapist is you will probly findthat if you mention it she will be much more carefull infuture

I would call the salon and speak to the manager. Explain in a nice friendly manner, just what you've explained to us and then go silent. Wait and see what the manager says. Let her do the talking.

At worst, she'll be a bit defensive and ask to see it, which is fair enough. Then you can decide to find another salon or not depending on her attitude.

At best, she'll be really understanding and insist that you accept a voucher for a nice treatment with a nice apology.

Personally, I never get clients to help. It could have been down to bad technique or it may have just been bad luck or anything. Did she apply oil before the wax? xxx

Did she apply oil before the wax? xxx

I think this lady was sugared Kim, but you're dead right she should have used something first and that something should have been talc.

Oh yes! Sorry, I have a very short memory span LOL.

Out of interest.....can you apply oil with sugaring? Never thought about that before. xxx

I first started out sugaring and no I have never heard of applying oil before the sugar paste. It probably wouldn't work.

I know what you mean about the short memory span though, I have senior moments regularly throughout the day.

Hi guys,
Thanks for the feedback, I'll try it just like Kim said. I've left a message on the machine seeing they were all busy, and asked for the manager to ring me back. Wish me luck!
The waxer did apply talc beforehand. It's part of the Senzera chain here in Germany and everyone I've been to does it almost exactly the same way, including client hands-on technique. I'm wondering whether it gives them the feeling that I'd then be responsible if something went wrong? Personally, I don't mind helping if it's something small, but I still think it's weird. Unfortunately the Germans aren't really onto it in regards to waxing, so it's hard to find a good salon that doesn't just strip wax the top and leave everything underneath natural! (I speak from experience) - and then they try to pass it off as a brazilian.... who would have guessed? I always thought Germans were less prudish, but obviously not!

:green:
I'll let you guys know how it went.
Ttfn

I nearly forgot to post my answer... Sorry, girls! I've been so busy browsing the site :rolleyes:

I rang up and asked to speak to the manager... just my luck that I got "my" waxer on the phone, who demanded to know what it was about before she passes on my message (as the manager wasn't there). Whilst she kind of apologised, she told me it was my own fault, so I ended the conversation. When the manager called me the next day, she didn't apologise, only thanked me for the feedback. Then she told me that REALLY it's not a big issue as that skin is so thin it rips all the time, and it does heal quickly. The weather has such a big impact on it too, as too warm or too cold or too dry makes it rip faster.
After replying that I have 5 years worth of waxes behind me in all seasons without ever having this happen, she was friendly but... just didn't seem to think it was an issue. I don't mind if it's a common thing to happen, as accidents do, but I didn't like the attitude of the salon regarding it.
I don't think I'll be returning there, as customer service is important to me.
(A voucher would have been nice, Kim! ;) )

Thanks for listening, and all replies
xoxo
K

Then she told me that REALLY it's not a big issue as that skin is so thin it rips all the time

That is complete and utter rubbish! Yes, it can happen when you least expect it but this is very rare indeed. Change your waxer quick. :hug:

Thanks, hun :hug:

P.S. I like the back, crack and two smoking testicles :p

it's not a big issue as that skin is so thin it rips all the time, /quote]

Sorry, but this is complete crap, only a bad waxer rips skin or if client has been taking systemic drugs like roaccutane.

Get yourself another waxer PRONTO.

Latest posts

Back