Skin testing, again!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theden

Reaction score
Hi guys i tried the search function but my phones playing up. Im just curious as to where you stand my insura says to follow manufacturers instructions and they say to skin test before EVERY application sooo... do you test before EVERY application ? X

Hi guys i tried the search function but my phones playing up. Im just curious as to where you stand my insura says to follow manufacturers instructions and they say to skin test before EVERY application sooo... do you test before EVERY application ? X

I don't think clients will want to come to the salon before every application

I do. Bit of a pain in the arse tho! My colour range also states that I have to skin test with the shade I'll be using Grr x

I test each time. But it dosent state what colour so I use 1.0 I'm looking into quick patch soon, although many insurers say to follow manufacturers, quick start give you 10 million insurance for using their product so your covered by them. Xoxo

Hi the link applies to loreal inoa but has matrix at the top I'm confused lol xx

Ive been thinking alot more about this since that lady was in the news, who suddenly developed a reaction to her usual home colour. Its scary to think that that could happen to one of our clients.
Im mobile so was thinking of suggesting to everybody to come to me for a skin test 48hours prior, and get disclaimers for those who don't? But for people who've never had colour before insist on a skin test?
Its hard cos some of my clients are half an hour away! what does anybody think? or suggest? :)

Ive been thinking alot more about this since that lady was in the news, who suddenly developed a reaction to her usual home colour. Its scary to think that that could happen to one of our clients.
Im mobile so was thinking of suggesting to everybody to come to me for a skin test 48hours prior, and get disclaimers for those who don't? But for people who've never had colour before insist on a skin test?
Its hard cos some of my clients are half an hour away! what does anybody think? or suggest? :)

I know what you mean it's hard when you have to drive 30 mins just to do a skin test, but do some of your clients have trims in between? You could do a skin test whilst your there for a cut? If not i think I would just go and do it or ask the client when they are in my area x

I know what you mean it's hard when you have to drive 30 mins just to do a skin test, but do some of your clients have trims in between? You could do a skin test whilst your there for a cut? If not i think I would just go and do it or ask the client when they are in my area x

Good idea but no I only travel that far if they're spending X amount so its normally a colour.
Any new clients I'm going to try and co-ordinate when I'm in that area as I am getting afew more. Just got new insurance so I'll have to read that and see what it says x

Disclaimers are a waste of paper.
Its part of your duty to follow manufacturers instruction and unless they state a disclaimer is fine then don't do it.
For them clients I would say the quick patch's would be worth it, you can send them in the post to the client so you can save the drive xoxo

Disclaimers are a waste of paper.
Its part of your duty to follow manufacturers instruction and unless they state a disclaimer is fine then don't do it.
For them clients I would say the quick patch's would be worth it, you can send them in the post to the client so you can save the drive xoxo

Have you got the website info the the 'quick patch'? I was not going to use patches but if they come with their own insurance.... I may look again!

My previous ibsurance covered me aslong as there appointment was within 6 weeks but my new one is manufacturer s instructions and tigi say to test before every application its already proving to be a nightmare !! Does anyone have any info on the colourstart tests price etc. X

My previous ibsurance covered me aslong as there appointment was within 6 weeks but my new one is manufacturer s instructions and tigi say to test before every application its already proving to be a nightmare !! Does anyone have any info on the colourstart tests price etc. X

Pm'd you xoxo

I can see this costing me a fortune :( x

Matrix is made by loreal xoxo

I thought that, the matrix instructions in the box state a test must be carried out 48hrs prior to the application. I love the colour start patches but salon gold insurance requires you to follow manufacturers instructions. The colour start patches won't cover you if a claim is made xx

I thought that, the matrix instructions in the box state a test must be carried out 48hrs prior to the application. I love the colour start patches but salon gold insurance requires you to follow manufacturers instructions. The colour start patches won't cover you if a claim is made xx

They will, colour start give you insurance with their product for colouring only, so claims against cut, perms, damage by heat etc... You go to salon gold, a claim about a reaction you go to colour start. Xoxo

Addition:
Checked the website and can't find where it says they cover 10m for their product but I remember seeing it so maybe call up? Xoxo

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back