Skinbase and patch testing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillian w

Reaction score
We are going to be taking on a Skinbase machine in a few weeks.I notice in the training literature they sent before hand they recommend patch testing a client before a full treatment.
I thought that directly you used the machine you were charged which means you would be charged everytime you did a little bit on someone's arm for a test.
Can anyone enlighten me.

The last salon I worked in had skinbase. I did my training then went on maternity leave so only did a couple of treatments. It does charge every time the machine is used and I know that we never did patch tests. I don't remember being told to in training either.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

We are going to be taking on a Skinbase machine in a few weeks.I notice in the training literature they sent before hand they recommend patch testing a client before a full treatment.
I thought that directly you used the machine you were charged which means you would be charged everytime you did a little bit on someone's arm for a test.
Can anyone enlighten me.

Hi Gillian,
To perform the patch test without incurring a PAYG charge, rub a little crystal from one of the bottles onto the underside of the client's forearm. Then wait 24 hours. Inspect the skin, looking for any evidence of redness or irritation.

It is worth noting however that allergic reactions to the crystal are very, very rare. There are 150,000 SkinBase facials performed every year in the UK and known allergic reactions are less than five in the last 5 years.

If an allergic reaction occurs it is usually due to the creams or lotions that have been used. Microdermabrasion makes the skin more absorbant and can therefore exacerbate any allergic response to those cosmetics.

I hope this helps,
Richard
MD, SkinBase

Can anyone enlighten me.

Don't panic hun! Richard explains it perfectly. My trainer went in to thorough detail regarding patch testing as I was panicking. You really only need to patch test if a client has any sensitivity. Again as Richard say its usually due to the products you are using and not the mdb.

I have a classic example of this as my daughter has highly sensitive skin to facial products. I used Eve Taylor purifying wash on her as a cleanser! Big mistake! She looked horrendous, but it was nothing to do with mdb. Now if I have clients with sensitivity, I patch test 24 hours before treatment, and then use Simple facial gel wash (I was horrified to think I would use something you can buy from the supermarket as I believe I should only use professional products, but I researched for ages, and found this the most suitable, its also recommended by Skinbase).

HTH x

Latest posts

Back