Skincare brands

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hils22

Reaction score
Hi Salon Geeks
Could really do with your advice on salon skincare brands, currently we stock Dermalogica and have for 10 years, we would love to introduce another brand something that offers that luxury and zest, however we are restricted from Decleor and Aromatherapy Associates due to near by salons stocking these brands. any suggestions we would be so grateful.

Have you ever thought of introducing Organic and Natural skincare to your salon? =)
I use Neal's Yard Remedies, and have done for the past 5 years. I absolutely love the products and so do my clients/customers.
You can become an independent consultant for NYR which enables you to get 25% off the products and buy in to sell to clients etc, as well as hosting events and pamper parties etc if you wish. If you're interested in finding out more please as and I'd be happy to send some more info over =) If this doesn't sound like you thing, no worries, good luck with your new skincare venture! =)

Hi Salon Geeks
Could really do with your advice on salon skincare brands, currently we stock Dermalogica and have for 10 years, we would love to introduce another brand something that offers that luxury and zest, however we are restricted from Decleor and Aromatherapy Associates due to near by salons stocking these brands. any suggestions we would be so grateful.

Eve Taylor is a great skincare range to offer and a more affordable option for your clients. I'm also trained in Dermalogica.

Hi I have used dermalogica in past salons and wanted to try something different so I tried eve taylor which is very affordable and a lovely product line

I stock Dermalogica and also Susan Molyneux ranges (MONU/RENU) which are great for clients wanting to relax over results based skin treatments x

Environ looks an amazing range but unfortunately I was told I had to purchase their machine in order to stock there products :-/ x

Hi, I've introduced Tropic Skincare into my salon, clients love it! Organic, natural, as they say...... Pure, honest & effective! They retail really well too, 10 fold over our dermalogica. Let me know if you would like me to introduce you to the company as I can sign you up as an ambassador! You can also sign other people up too to sell them. I love the company. X Happy to help x

I bet if you start using Eve Taylor it will end up being the only brand you stock :)

I'm not a skin geek but was introduced to eve Taylor by my local therapist and have converted, unbelievable price tag on what feels like highest end skincare, organic and cruelty free as well x

To the op. Just be aware (you may know this already) that ranges like neals yard and tropics are not professional products. They may be great, smell lovely and so on but they are multi level marketing products that your clients can buy and start selling.

Vic x

Hi, I've introduced Tropic Skincare into my salon, clients love it! Organic, natural, as they say...... Pure, honest & effective! They retail really well too, 10 fold over our dermalogica. Let me know if you would like me to introduce you to the company as I can sign you up as an ambassador! You can also sign other people up too to sell them. I love the company. X Happy to help x

10 fold over Dermalogica - really?! Dermalogica is a professional product please don't give false advice to other therapists because you want to earn extra commission...

I'm absolutely not being smart here in any sense beautyxperts but is Dermalogica really a professional brand nowadays? I was in London last week on holidays and was on Oxford Street, went into John Lewis and Selfridges and both had it on the shelves there...I do know what you mean regarding the other two brands mentioned in this thread but Dermalogica unfortunately are not too far away...:(

I'm absolutely not being smart here in any sense beautyxperts but is Dermalogica really a professional brand nowadays? I was in London last week on holidays and was on Oxford Street, went into John Lewis and Selfridges and both had it on the shelves there...I do know what you mean regarding the other two brands mentioned in this thread but Dermalogica unfortunately are not too far away...:(
Yes dermalogica is readily available but a pro brand isn't just about its availability. Dermalogica only retail the pro range to trained professionals. They have advanced products for more advanced facials. I personally am not a fan but you definitely can't compare it with mlm products x

Valid point however Dermalogica label themselves as a 'professional only' brand which cannot realistically be true if they are retailing in John Lewis etc. I think a brand holding back a select few products in order to call themselves a professional brand is a bit hypocritical in my opinion, my point being any brand could produce 3-4 products and retail these only to salons and Spa's - would they really be a professional brand?! Just a thought. S xxx

No maybe not but I also consider them professional because of their training. They offer full training on their products to professionals only. A far cry from a mlm £200 opening order. If clients can buy products off the shelf it doesn't stop it being a pro brand. If clients can then sell it and buy the products for facials only, without any training or qualifications then it really does become non pro x

Valid point however Dermalogica label themselves as a 'professional only' brand which cannot realistically be true if they are retailing in John Lewis etc. I think a brand holding back a select few products in order to call themselves a professional brand is a bit hypocritical in my opinion, my point being any brand could produce 3-4 products and retail these only to salons and Spa's - would they really be a professional brand?! Just a thought. S xxx
I can only assume you haven't trained with Dermalogica or know anything about them as a company from your opinions of them. My salon does very well with Dermalogica both retail & skin treatments. And your comment that they hold only a few selected products back is certainly not true! Please if you insist on slating brands with false info then then go ahead as you are the one that looks unprofessional not the brands.

Dermalogica training is second to none. I've been and done it and it worth its weight in gold. I'm considering making an opening order with dermalogica - and if their product is good enough for prestigious department stores then I'm more than happy to compare myself to them. Would you rather say "selridges also stock this product" or "home bargains also stock this product"? There is a very big difference.

Also back to the original question....Monu is also a lovely product. A little less costly than dermalogica with a modest opening order. My client love it so I'll be offering both :)

I can only assume you haven't trained with Dermalogica or know anything about them as a company from your opinions of them. My salon does very well with Dermalogica both retail & skin treatments. And your comment that they hold only a few selected products back is certainly not true! Please if you insist on slating brands with false info then then go ahead as you are the one that looks unprofessional not the brands.

Strange assumption, quite the contrary, I was one of the first people in the UK to train with Dermalogica and Jane, I was one of the original cult and used the products for 16 years so I probably know as much about the brand as anyone. Also to be clear, I wasn't slating the brand and if you read my comment you properly you would see this. My point was that you cannot call Dermalogica a professional only brand as it's on the high street and available online everywhere at cheaper than RRP prices, even those select products you mention can be purchased online, tell me I'm wrong? I'm also not comparing Neals Yard and Tropic-whatever to Dermalogica but for you to comment from a Dermalogica point of view that another brand is not professional is beyond me. Now with the Unilever takeover I wouldn't be surprised to see it in M&S. I use two professional only skincare brands Environ and Eve Taylor both of which are professional only so I wouldn't quite consider myself unprofessional...

Dermalogica training is second to none. I've been and done it and it worth its weight in gold. I'm considering making an opening order with dermalogica - and if their product is good enough for prestigious department stores then I'm more than happy to compare myself to them. Would you rather say "selridges also stock this product" or "home bargains also stock this product"? There is a very big difference.

Also back to the original question....Monu is also a lovely product. A little less costly than dermalogica with a modest opening order. My client love it so I'll be offering both :)

I would absolutely rather a product I use be available in Selfridges rather than Home Bargains (although I'm not sure what would be available there) but I would also rather the brand I use not be available in and department store if it's a professional brand. Also I never commented on the Dermalogica training, my point was only that it is no longer a professional only brand and seems to be heading strongly in the other direction...

Best of luck with your opening :)

Strange assumption, quite the contrary, I was one of the first people in the UK to train with Dermalogica and Jane, I was one of the original cult and used the products for 16 years so I probably know as much about the brand as anyone. Also to be clear, I wasn't slating the brand and if you read my comment you properly you would see this. My point was that you cannot call Dermalogica a professional only brand as it's on the high street and available online everywhere at cheaper than RRP prices, even those select products you mention can be purchased online, tell me I'm wrong? I'm also not comparing Neals Yard and Tropic-whatever to Dermalogica but for you to comment from a Dermalogica point of view that another brand is not professional is beyond me. Now with the Unilever takeover I wouldn't be surprised to see it in M&S. I use two professional only skincare brands Environ and Eve Taylor both of which are professional only so I wouldn't quite consider myself unprofessional...

Dermalogica do not label themselves as a "pro only" brand they label as a professional skincare brand and that is what they are. As for your comments about retailing online & in dept stores these are the retail products not the professional only products - I've no idea when you last used Dermalogica but the professional side has grown immensely with very powerful treatments the ARE pro only.
Dermalogica are marketed so well this is why it's in such huge demand with therapists & consumers alike that walk into my skin clinic just to purchase and then end up a client having the pro skin treatments. There are therapists like yourself that as you say are the "original" tribe - I also remember Dermalogica nearly 20 years ago too and yes the company has grown globally to epic proportions and this has created global recognition of Dermalogica itself - the only thing wrong with this is that some of the "original" tribe are annoyed about this and wanted it to remain in salon exclusive only or left the brand, fair enough.
As I say I don't just use Dermalogica I also stock other brands that are what you'd call "salon pro only" it doesn't make the products any better than Dermalogica.

Anyway I dont want to get into a "my dogs blacker than your dog" match over skincare products I was helping out the op with unbiased information and that one of the products mentioned is infact a MLM company.

Latest posts

Back