Small acne problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katiejane

Reaction score
Hi !!

i sometimes get a small part of skin, either my cheek, or chin, and get lots of little white spots all together and sometimes bigger ones, when i wear make its not very noticable, but i can feel it.

I tried putting TCP on it every night, it works sometimes. then i went to the chemist and got a acne cream to put on it, which wors also, seems to dry it out, and now i just bought a ance face wash from the chemist, but nothing gets rid of it completely, always comes back at some point after a couple of days. any suggestions???

oh and the other thing is, i never used to have it, just for the last year!!

thanks so much for you help!!

Katie xxx:hug:

Can you describe the spots and your normal skin a bit more.

Do you normally have oily skin, especially in the areas where the spots appear?

Are the spots filled with pus or is it clear? How big are they?

Hi, thanks for the reply,

My skin is oily!! the spots are normally small white spots, very little or lumps under the skin, when i have that, normally a larger spot will appear with pus inside also! iv always had oily skin,

thanks so much !

xx:hug:

Do you follow a cleanse, tone and moisturise routine at home? Regular exfoliation will help too but it may be worth visiting a local, reputable salon near by who can thoroughly check your skin and give you proper advise.

Some acne treatments can be very harsh on the kin and it is important to treat it gently and to moisturise with a very light moisturiser too.

Pop to the GP. I had a problem similar to this and the doc put me on a course of diannette. It has cleared them all up, even the painful ones and i had them for years before i even went to see him. So worth a try. I think if you are looking after your skin then its probably down to hormones.I think by trying a load of different products will just agravate it to be honest. I also found direct high frequency facials fab for drying out the oil.Let us know how you get on hun xxx

I think I know the kind of spots you are talking about, are they more bumps under the skin? I used to get these on my forehead, sometimes they would just disappear, other times they would break out into full spots. Looking back I believe my diet played a big role in this, also alcohol, I used to smoke and drink wine more regularly now, that sounds terrible! but nowadayas I eat a lot of detox food and dont smoke at all and drink less often and and they have disappeared so I do believe diet is a very important factor in the condition of the skin. Also excerice does wonders for the skin with the improved circulation, you will very soon notice a difference. hope this helps. x Also using good skin care products, If you do all this already, try a microdermabrasion facial - great for this kind of problem too - i had one at work and cleared the little spots up within 2 days x

HI, thank you all for all your help!!!! im going to get it checked when i return back home to Scotland in November, :) i will definatly be trying all your suggestions!!

yes they are really under the skin most of them, and can be covered up with concealer no problem, unless i have a break out, and bigger ones, but they are still really annoying. I think my diet is ok to be honest, before i worked in gran canaria for one year, and drunk too much, and ate rubbish!!! and my skin was normal. Now im in italy, and eat more healthy, and probably drink one time a month!... suppose i could definalty add more fruit and vegetables into my diet, and also, im trying to drink as much water as possible, as i heard that could help the skin!

also some of the spots stay there for months in the same place, there tiny, and white, kind of like a black head but a white head... i wash this area very carefully, spending lots of time on it. but nothing, one time i got so fed up of them, before bed, i tried squeezing 3 of them, and in the morning, they were huge infected spots!!!! very sore!!! :( i will never try that again!!! lol

il let you know how i get on!!!

thank you all !!!

katie xxxx

Latest posts

Back