Small business training

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuba1984

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I’m an owner/operator and I run a one on one training business. I state in my terms and conditions, if students cannot source models, we will attempt to do so, bearing in mind if the model we arrange is a no show , or cancels, then training will need to be rescheduled. We I just received a mouth full of unnecessary abuse from a student today demanding a refund as the model I arranged cancelled. I arrranged 5 models for her previous course:

I ended up refunding as it is just not worth the hassle. I’ll be putting in my t’s and c’s we will not be supplying models and solely the students responsibility. Very upsetting as big organisations wouldn’t refund. :(

‘Give an inch and they take a mile’

Sorry to say this, but I think you’ve partly created this monster by being so incredibly accommodating previously.
You’d already arranged 5 (!) models for her last course so in her eyes, there’s no incentive to bother finding her own models.
So in practice, it becomes a recommendation rather than a requirement.

I think you need to add another clause to your t&c’s that allows you to charge an additional fee in the event that their model suddenly drops out and you are able to supply a substitute model enabling them to attend the course. Thus making it clear that not attempting to source a model in the first place is not an option.

Latest posts

Back