Smile line corners

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauz

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I just finished a set of L&P nails on my mum (its the first set i have done since before xmas so i have not had too much practice lately) but i'm getting a bit frustrated with the corners of the smile line, they seem to be rounded rather than pointed (and the only way i can get it pointed is if i poke it with the tip of my brush but then i end up with an indent in the white:rolleyes: )

They also seem to stick up a bit rather than lie on the nail. Any ideas on what i can do to improve this?

I have only done foundation course, but now that xmas is out of the way i will be attending more classes next month.

thanks

Well it does take allot of practise but the thing that works is changing the angle of your brush and how you use it when the product reaches those corners.

Lift the handle as you get to the corner and just use the point of the brush or the sharp side of the brush (if you use your brush flattened like I do) to poke the product into a point right at the side and as high a you want it to go.

For clients I do not like extreme smiles but just nicely curved ones that look a little better than most natural ones. :)

Some add an extra bead in the corners but I think this is faffy and, until you get really expert/used to doing it also tends to be overly thick and unsightly imo.

I must admit since I trained my brush flat my smiles have improved no end. I don't know why I didn't do it sooner. (It's only over the last week that I've done it!!!)

Talk about walking round with my eyes shut!:lol:

Watch nailzoo's video on how to create an oval brush flat.
cheers

Thanks for your replies, i have watched nailzoo's video and am now in the middle of training it flat - hopefully that will help.

Thanks Geeg for the tips - now that you have said it, it makes much more sense, although i do think it will probably come with practice as i sometimes find it difficult when i get close to the sidewalls or skin as i don't want to touch it, i think this is why i find it so difficult to get right in the corners.

I will definately have another try when my brush is trained flat.
thanks again much appreciated

xxx

Thanks for your replies, i have watched nailzoo's video and am now in the middle of training it flat - hopefully that will help.

Thanks Geeg for the tips - now that you have said it, it makes much more sense, although i do think it will probably come with practice as i sometimes find it difficult when i get close to the sidewalls or skin as i don't want to touch it, i think this is why i find it so difficult to get right in the corners.

I will definately have another try when my brush is trained flat.
thanks again much appreciated

xxx

That is precisely why you have to lift the handle of your brush and change the angle when you get to the corners.

Some add an extra bead in the corners but I think this is faffy and, until you get really expert/used to doing it also tends to be overly thick and unsightly imo.

i agree geeg, i used to do it this way and they were definately overly think, its best to do the smiles in one go if you can - i am getting there slowly but it takes practice like everything else

xxxxx

Latest posts

Back