So angry with my boss

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lady H

Reaction score
Ive just had a call from my boss to "see how I am" having been off for 4 days. I said I am worse than I was to start with, cant find a comfortable position, barely able to walk and Im going back to the doctors for some stronger pain killers because the ones I have been given arent touching the pain. He says "so do you think you will be in tomorrow?" aaargh!

Sorry geeks, just had to have a moan, do you think I am being daft oris he the least understanding boss ever!

:hug: have been there myself

It just makes me feel crap about being off work, and I have a genuine reason, I cant help it. He should not be putting pressure on me.

dont feel crap, if you are ill youre ill....nothing they can do about it!

exactly, you cant work properly whilst your ill, however much they want you back.. dont even think about that, just think about trying to feel in a little less pain than you are right now. :hug:

thank you sweetie. That would be my idea of heaven right now. Well, that and someone bringing me a huge box of choccies of course lol

Hi Helen
I know exactly where you are coming from, I work for my 'best friend' and luckily enough now my office is at home so I am rarely off sick with anything as I can be here. But I too have severe back problems that have been on going for 19 years, I have 2 discs that are mushed to pieces and get days where I cannot walk, stand sit or get comfortable in any position.
My boss has been known to bring me the lap top to work from my bed!:irked: .

Your main option is to look afdter yourself and not make this situation worse, which you will if you try and plaese your boss.
Stay at home, take all the rest you need and get your pain relief sorted, and I hope you feel better soon.

By the way, are our bosses related???? They sure soun d it!

thank you sweetie. That would be my idea of heaven right now. Well, that and someone bringing me a huge box of choccies of course lol

Sent you some choccies hunX:hug:

Hi Helen
I know exactly where you are coming from, I work for my 'best friend' and luckily enough now my office is at home so I am rarely off sick with anything as I can be here. But I too have severe back problems that have been on going for 19 years, I have 2 discs that are mushed to pieces and get days where I cannot walk, stand sit or get comfortable in any position.
My boss has been known to bring me the lap top to work from my bed!:irked: .

Your main option is to look afdter yourself and not make this situation worse, which you will if you try and plaese your boss.
Stay at home, take all the rest you need and get your pain relief sorted, and I hope you feel better soon.

By the way, are our bosses related???? They sure soun d it!

Probably!!!! Ive had sciatica before, I had it for 5 months leading up to my wedding but it was not as severe as this, and I never took time off work for it, but i did have a fear i would end up going down the aisle in a wheelchair! luckily it went away just before my wedding. Ive not really had anything else till last year when I was in a car crash and now this. this time its the worst I have experienced.

Probably!!!! Ive had sciatica before, I had it for 5 months leading up to my wedding but it was not as severe as this, and I never took time off work for it, but i did have a fear i would end up going down the aisle in a wheelchair! luckily it went away just before my wedding. Ive not really had anything else till last year when I was in a car crash and now this. this time its the worst I have experienced.

Another car crash, you poor thing this is exactly how I did mine. I have lived on Co codamol and Diclofenac/Voltarol for years complete with the odd Valium too, and now after so long I have had to give in adn I am waiting for surgery as the pain relief had been upped to Tramadol and it was making me ill.
I have now been given a bigger dose of Voltarol but this time in suppository form and they are fab, they work so quickly it's untrue.
Try asking your Gp if you are suited to these. I hope this helps.

Another car crash, you poor thing this is exactly how I did mine. I have lived on Co codamol and Diclofenac/Voltarol for years complete with the odd Valium too, and now after so long I have had to give in adn I am waiting for surgery as the pain relief had been upped to Tramadol and it was making me ill.
I have now been given a bigger dose of Voltarol but this time in suppository form and they are fab, they work so quickly it's untrue.
Try asking your Gp if you are suited to these. I hope this helps.

Well I had co codamol and now have co dydamol (or something like that). Im gonna ask for stronger ones today. not sure if the suppository would be any good as I have difficulty bending that way! lol

hun he is prob bein an arse after the time you had off earlier in the year.

just ignore him and tell him you'll be back when your ready! LOL

:hug:

i know hun your so right, he is a waste of energy.

Ive just had a call from my boss to "see how I am" having been off for 4 days. I said I am worse than I was to start with, cant find a comfortable position, barely able to walk and Im going back to the doctors for some stronger pain killers because the ones I have been given arent touching the pain. He says "so do you think you will be in tomorrow?" aaargh!

Sorry geeks, just had to have a moan, do you think I am being daft oris he the least understanding boss ever!

get a sick note hun then if she badgers you, you can have her for harrasment as once you hand in a sick note it is illegal for your employers to contact you about work

get a sick note hun then if she badgers you, you can have her for harrasment as once you hand in a sick note it is illegal for your employers to contact you about work

is it really? I never knew that!

Latest posts

Back