So excited my flyers have just arrived

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meira

Reaction score
My flyers have just arrived from Banner Penguin and I just got my coat on and it's pouring with rain. Not just a drizzle... heavy rain 😞 really wanted to start getting my name out there as have just opened my home salon in a new area.

Might just brave the rain with my wellies and a brolly!

Hi
put a pic up, lol!!

did you go out "flyering?"
x:D

Good luck honey.
Don't get your hopes too high with the mailing.They say you get one response per every 100 you post.
Having said that people do attach these things to fridges/noticeboards for future reference so don't get too disheartened.
Best advice for a new business....facebook and a website(with high rankings).
And you don't need a brolly for that either xx

Hope you like them (I did them!)

Louise those kind of figures are for huge regional or even national mailings (and they'd bite your hand off for 1 response out of 100, it's lot less than that for huge campaigns, I used to run them!).

For a few hundred leaflets around your local area, there's no real statistics. Some do really well, some don't do as well. It's all anecdotal really :)

There's only one real way of knowing, and that's by trying it a couple of times.

But you're right about the web and Faecbook, the idea is that you tie a leaflet campaign in to digital campaigns too. i.e. you use the leaflet to drive people to the web/facebook page.

The difference being a leaflet campaign is pro-active (i.e. you're reaching out to people) and websites and Facebook are reactive.

Thanks for your replies. I just did 250 flyers in just over an hour. Will do more tomorrow. It's interesting about the stats, I will be keeping a record of how many clients I get from this. Already got Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and a website so hopefully am doing as much as I can. Plan to take some of the flyers to the local shops that know me too so they can spread the word.

Xx

Hope you like them (I did them!)

Louise those kind of figures are for huge regional or even national mailings (and they'd bite your hand off for 1 response out of 100, it's lot less than that for huge campaigns, I used to run them!).

For a few hundred leaflets around your local area, there's no real statistics. Some do really well, some don't do as well. It's all anecdotal really :)

There's only one real way of knowing, and that's by trying it a couple of times.

But you're right about the web and Faecbook, the idea is that you tie a leaflet campaign in to digital campaigns too. i.e. you use the leaflet to drive people to the web/facebook page.

The difference being a leaflet campaign is pro-active (i.e. you're reaching out to people) and websites and Facebook are reactive.

Haha yes of course I love them 😀

Where's the best (cheapest!!) place to get fliers printed?? Do you use your own design or one made up for you? I'm keen to get leafleting but no idea were to get them from. I have business card and website through vista but their fliers are like big business cards and not cheap!

Where's the best (cheapest!!) place to get fliers printed?? Do you use your own design or one made up for you? I'm keen to get leafleting but no idea were to get them from. I have business card and website through vista but their fliers are like big business cards and not cheap!

Hi kankan, I got mine designed by Carl at Verve (he's Extensionize on here... He's posted on this thread) and printing through Banner Penguin. The quality and price of both are great, would highly recommend them.

We do leaflet drops with£5 off on them, have put out about 200 and had two back already.

We do leaflet drops with£5 off on them, have put out about 200 and had two back already.

That's pretty good! I'd be pleased with that. How long did it take for you to get the replies?

My flyers have got 10% off first treatment. I've had 1000 printed so will get the rest out over the next few days.

Latest posts

Back