So slow at treatments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JulieJ

Reaction score
On Thursday, I did some treatments for my mam's friend.
Pedicure - Cut and filed nails, cuticle work, used callus file, exfoliated, soaked, Vinylux polish.
Manicure - file, cuticle work, little massage and French polish with Shellac.
Took me 2hrs 30mins. What the hell was I doing? Her toe nails were extremely hard plus needed a lot of cuticle removal, but still. She loved it but I was embarrassed it took so long.
Am I the slowest therapist in the world? :-(

On Thursday, I did some treatments for my mam's friend.
Pedicure - Cut and filed nails, cuticle work, used callus file, exfoliated, soaked, Vinylux polish.
Manicure - file, cuticle work, little massage and French polish with Shellac.
Took me 2hrs 30mins. What the hell was I doing? Her toe nails were extremely hard plus needed a lot of cuticle removal, but still. She loved it but I was embarrassed it took so long.
Am I the slowest therapist in the world? :-(

Aww I'm sure you aren't the slowest. :)
How long have you been doing treatments since you trained? (Like are you new to manis/pedis?)
Also what products are you using. Some of us may be able to help out a bit
xx

I'm just qualified, so pretty new! I use CND nail products x

Speed is something I have worried about! :Scared:

Aww please do not worry, when I first trained I worried how long I was taking but by rushing the treatment your client may not be happy with the results! When carrying out nail treatments practice makes perfect! X

Sometimes it is better to take your time and do a good job instead of rushing and doing a not so good job. Your client was happy and that's important. You will become quicker with time - hang in there :) x

When I started a pedi would take me just over an hour and now I could do a full one in about 25 mins. (Helped that I worked in a salon & sort of got thrown in at the deep end & did them back to back)
Just focus on the quality of the treatment and then speed will come to you. :) Xx

I'm an experienced therapist and I allow an hour for a pedi (although it takes about 45 mins to do, the rest of the time is getting them in, on the couch, then take payment and see them out in the rest of time)
It's a luxury treatment where a client enjoys the experience of your attention, conversation and expertise. It's a treatment not to be rushed. Otherwise they'd just go to a nail bar f they wanted a quick in and out job.
I bet your lady client was very happy!

At my salon we are allocated an hour for a standard manicure and another hour for a standard pedicure. I'm fine with manicures but pedicures such a faff to set up and clean up after so I always end up spending more time doing pedicures. Sometimes I will admit if we are chatting away I tend to take longer.

Most of the time i rake ages because i gab so much , hehehe xx
Oh well at least I'm friendly :)

Thank you for your replies. Whenever I go out to do a treatment, I tell my boyfriend how long I will be and he smiles and says add an hour on to that! I am really trying but the time just runs away with me x

Latest posts

Back