Soaking acrylics off that were done at discount salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlalouise

Reaction score
I'ts just taken me 2 hours to get a set of nails off!!!!

I'm not use to soaking nails off as I employ my daughter who does the nails and acrylics, however this stuff was not budging with any amount of acetone, it was a nightmare. My daughter who loves nails and deals with this side of the business did say that they take forever, I know they use Methyl Methacrylate which is awful stuff and like concrete but 2 hours!

I think I'm going to in future refuse if they say they have been to one of these nail bars, it's just not worth our time. Has anyone else decided not to take these types of nails off??

You're well within your rights to refuse in future. If the nail is damaged underneath you don't want to get the blame.

MMA is used as bone cement, it's not meant to come off once it's set.

Or.. you could use the opportunity to educate the client.
Don't remove the existing product, instead prep as usual and fill with your own product. Nails do grow and the product she has on will eventually grow out. Win-win. You get yourself a new client as oppose to refusing the service.

Yep, I refuse to soak them off. Too many bad experiences when I started off mobile, happy to give them a fresh set as long as they have them soaked off first. It's not worth the time and effort!

I no longer remove them or infill them. I infilled a client that had them done on holiday and I ruined a ceramic efile bit. It was buffed smooth!

I no longer remove them or infill them. I infilled a client that had them done on holiday and I ruined a ceramic efile bit. It was buffed smooth!
I use disposable sanding bands in these instances, never had an issue.

Latest posts

Back