Soaking off NSI Polish Pro

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautysanctuary

Reaction score
Hi
Just wondered if anyone could help me. I work in a salon that uses all NSI products and we have recently started using Polish Pro which is similar to shellac, Gellac etc. Our clients are really pleased with the Polish Pro but we are really struggling with the removal of it. We have tried soaking in acetone in one of the easysoak nail baths for 10mins as advised but we are finding that instead of being able to remove the polish pro with a cuticle stick we are still having to buff off all the polish pro. Its almost as if the acetone is not penetrating enough to dissolve the product.

WHAT ARE WE DOING WRONG??:Scared:

I find polish pro really easy yo remove ! I put acetone on a wipe place on the nail and wrap in tin foil 10 mins usually do it if I want to speed up the process I pop on heated mitts!

Have you buffed off the top coat/seal?

I buff then wrap with wipes soaked with acetone, wrap with foil and 10 mins later it comes off fine. I have never like the thought of anyone sitting with their fingers in bowls of acetone.

Thank you for your help ladies.

I have a client in tomorrow so will buff her nails before I soak them off and also wrap each nail with foil. Hopefully that should work

Is anyone still having the same problem?

I'm new to Polish Pro and I've had difficulties soaking off the product. I've tried a bowl with acetone & also foil wraps. I've tried to keep it for 10-30 minutes and there's not a difference. Also I've tried to buff the top layer off before soaking. But still it just doesn't come off properly. I have to file the rest of it off. I'm using NSI's pure acetone.

What's wrong?

If u break the seal and foil wrap 5-10 mins usually does it ! Iv never need to soak the wrap does the trick :))

If u break the seal and foil wrap 5-10 mins usually does it ! Iv never need to soak the wrap does the trick :))

Thanks for the reply! That's what i've tried to do, but it just doesn't soak off. Some little junks come off, but not all of it. :(
Could it be because I use normal kitchen foil? Although I've tried to soak off in a bowl too.... :(

Maybe your base coat is too thick ?

Thanks for the reply! That's what i've tried to do, but it just doesn't soak off. Some little junks come off, but not all of it. :(
Could it be because I use normal kitchen foil? Although I've tried to soak off in a bowl too.... :(

hi, which colour you have removal problems with? is it any form the new resort collection or any of the prevous collections?
I`ve noticed that pink pareo ( new resort collection) is a bit harder to remove, and all the rest come of so easily..i always buff off the top coat, put a cotton pad saturated with acetone and wrap in foil ( i use kitchen foil too).

hi, which colour you have removal problems with? is it any form the new resort collection or any of the prevous collections?
I`ve noticed that pink pareo ( new resort collection) is a bit harder to remove, and all the rest come of so easily..i always buff off the top coat, put a cotton pad saturated with acetone and wrap in foil ( i use kitchen foil too).

I use the colors from the basic collection like orange red and purple pearl. They don't seem to come off no matter how long I soak them with acetone. I've tried to file off the top coat first, but that didn't help either. I haven't tried to soak off from any clients yet. I used to use IBD gel polish before. My natural nails are very thin, could this affect the soaking off?

I will try to apply a thinner base coat next time.

I'm also having this problem no matter what I try, any advice?

I have used PP since it was launched here in Australia approx 2 yrs ago now and never once had any problems with removal, in fact from what I see of other systems, it is one of the quickest and easiest systems to remove.
I also carry every color of the PP line and don't find any color worse than others to remove.
By the time I wrap the last finger, I can go back and start removing off the first wrapped finger and the entire process only takes about 10 mins and then I'm ready to start my prep and re-application process.

The best way to remove is by using the foil/wrap method.
You must break the seal of the top coat before wrapping and you must make sure you soak the cotton pad with enough acetone.
If you don't soak it enough then what happens is, it starts to soften the PP but then it also starts to dry out to quick so by the time you are back to finger one, it's all dried up and the PP has gone hard again and this is also why you don't leave it on for any longer than 10 mins cause it will re-harden again.

I have discovered when I have helped other PP users, that many times the problem is the base coat has been applied to thick and also the color and top coats as well, the layers must be thin.

I have never had to file any color off of the natural nail after removal, this pretty much defeats the purpose of the service as we are trying to not cause any damage to the natural nail during this process.

I would suggest trying to use a bit more acetone on your cotton swabs, making sure the finger is wrapped tight with good quality foil, do not leave the wrap on for any more than 10 mins but check the first nail after 8.
You might find that it has not completely lifted off the nail (although most times it does) and you have to gently push off the remainder product with a wood stick but you should not have to use a file at all to remove.
Only work on one finger at a time, don't unwrap all the fingers and then start working on them, just do one at a time and work on it as soon as you unwrap it and use the cotton pad to give the nail a good wipe off after you have removed all the old PP.
Also make sure the layers are thin, thin, thin:) and only cap your base and top coat layers not the color layers.
Cure for the correct time in the correct lamp.

If the system is used exactly how it is suppose to be used there should be no problems but I will say, I have helped many PP users and the ones that have problems are the ones that are usually not following the exact PP process and I find they add or take out a step here or there and this can make all the difference to a good or bad removal/application.

I hope this helps a little:)

I wonder reading some of these posts if people are expecting the product to be off when they remove the wrap?? All gel polish polish/hybrid brands need a scrape after the wrap is removed.

I had a sample done at a show of Polish Pro and did not find it any more trouble to remove than Gelish, Shellac, Gelicure etc. 8-10 minutes is all it should need. A small piece of cotton wool soaked in acetone, D-Solve (the best) or product remover and then wrapped in foil should work perfectly. As Wooshka says, remove one at a time and scrape before moving on to the next.

I wonder reading some of these posts if people are expecting the product to be off when they remove the wrap?? All gel polish polish/hybrid brands need a scrape after the wrap is removed.

I had a sample done at a show of Polish Pro and did not find it any more trouble to remove than Gelish, Shellac, Gelicure etc. 8-10 minutes is all it should need. A small piece of cotton wool soaked in acetone, D-Solve (the best) or product remover and then wrapped in foil should work perfectly. As Wooshka says, remove one at a time and scrape before moving on to the next.

Yep, I have to agree JuicyLucy and I'll be honest and say I think some companies are to blame for some techs having the ideas they have.
The reason I say this is, they put out demos of the product being removed and edit out parts where the product is still on the nail and the GENTLE pushing is required for full removal.
But in saying this, many times I have taken off the wrap to find all the product soaked off and no pushing required.

Thank u both, this advice has been brilliant as I'm not doing things quite as you've advised. I will follow the steps you've advised and let u know how I get on. I'm certainly feeling more confident since reading these replies, thank u 😄😃😀😊☺😉😚😜😆😋😏💅

Latest posts

Back