Soft and tacky bonds - nano rings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jodieeeanne

Reaction score
I've got nanos in at the moment and am feeling very deflated.

I've had them in for 5 weeks and lost 3 or 4 bonds as in complete including the metal tip and ring.

I then went to a popular salon after my usual hairdresser let me down.

I asked are they qualified to work with extensions - yes
Do they have sulphate/silicone free shampoo- yes
Would they like me to bring my own aftercare products. - no definitely not

The day I had them shampooed and dried the hairdresser pulled 2 out and they were missing the tip and ring. Just a mushy bit of glue and a metal tip must be in my hair somewhere.

Since Sunday I have lost another 7!! All missing the tips. My bonds are soft and tacky and I seem to be losing bonds and shedding a lot of hair when just running my fingers through it. I'm so upset.

The others that fell out before this visit aren't like this and this is a brand new full head of hair. What would people suggest I do ?

I'm happy to contact them about it but I imagine I'm going to be met with denial however I think they've used the incorrect shampoo. She also combed conditioner through my scalp and all up by the bonds.

She also asked questions along the lines of 'can I shampoo inbetween your bonds ?'
Considering I have 200 in my hair I would have hoped so or that's not much hair she actually washed?!

I follow my aftercare religiously and after spending this much on hair I'm not going to make a fuss about the cost of products I use afterwards.

Just in need of some lovely hair geeks advice. Thank you!

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1404944961.778283.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1404945072.749063.jpg

Xxx

At the salon what did you have done? Obviously a wash, but did you have a colour too?

Just a wash and blow dry. No colour or cut :( x

That is strange then, I wouldn't really of thought it would do that tho from 1 shampoo using different shampoo, as an extensionist (naughty I know) I just use my usual shampoo and conditioner and never use sulphate free and have no problems what so ever with my micro rings, so I do doubt 1 shampoo using a different brand would cause that, I would contact the lady who did them for you x

I've had issues recently with a batch of bad glue (the keratin which makes the tip) like the person above said there shouldn't really be an issue not using non sulphate shampoo once. But, when I used a regular shampoo just once on my colleague the other day her bonds turned to gloppy mushy mess, loads came out, initially I thought it was the shampoo but I'm thinking it could have been the glue. I currently have one bond in my own hair at the moment (just for an allergy test) and I used different piece of glue to do the tip and it's been fine with literally any shampoos, I don't use fancy ones in the house and it's still solid, maybe something in their shampoo has reacted with the glue? Did u actually see if the shampoo was sulphate free? It's a bit strange how they've been fine for 5 weeks tho and this has suddenly happened but I can tell u some shampoos definatley kill bonds, also they shouldn't be combing conditioner through and it shouldn't have gone on the bonds, maybe there's a residue left on them and it's reacting and softening the glue, have u tried washing it properly yourself since?

Latest posts

Back