Soft, flattering red shade for 70 year old?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alan Andersen

Premium Geek
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm looking to do a makeover on my mum who is 71. She looks fab and would easily pass for 55 - 60. She is probably 60 to 70% white these days and is currently coloured with Koleston 88/0.
I'm looking at doing a soft reddish shade (Was thinking about Majirel 7.52 maybe?) and putting a few flashes of a copper blonde shade and a light golden blonde. I am not restricted to brand.
Can anyone recommend a nice soft red / mahogany shade that I could use that would work well with the lighter pieces, or if you think the Majirel 7.52 would be a good bet.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

Yeah that colour sounds nice, I would mix in some half base on the roots as she and then mix that colour in dia richesse where the 88/0 was otherwise it will look flat as it's had double base on.

You may need to pre pig the ends aswell. I'm not sure on how loreal suggests to pre pig as I'm a wella boy x

Thanks Jamie. I'm not restricted to brand and I do like Wella. Is there an equivalent shade you could suggest? I've not used Majirel in years but remember that was a nice subtle shade

You could mix together 8/74 with 6/74. That will give you an auburn feel [emoji3]

Latest posts

Back