Solar Oil and nut allergies

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenfleur

Reaction score
This may have been asked before, but I have done a search and it didn't come up. Can people with nut allergies use solar oil? Thanks in advance!

It has almonds in so my first instinct would be to say no?

I have a couple of clients that have nut allergies and they can't.
I use a salon systems or profile one that doesn't contain any form of nuts. Young nails rose oil may be safe but you would need to check with your cloents.

It's down to the individual to tell you whether they can use the product or not. I've asked about this in the past because I have a nut allergy (not the serious anaphylaxis reaction that some people suffer from but its an allergic reaction none the less). People have told me that its not a problem because your customer isnt eating it, however I have noticed personally that I've got a bit breathless and blotchy on occasions. I know we dont eat the oil, but we do put it on our fingers, then eat our food, put our fingers in our mouth etc, so it's just sensible to check with your client for a nut allergy.

The nut allergy question is on my client consultation form, and if a client has a nut allergy then I have a small bottle of cuticle oil standing by that doesnt contain nut oils. I've only ever come across one client in the whole of my working life who was allergic so its not a massive issue, but still its an issue to be aware of and err on the side of caution :hug:

Proper princess, that was initial thought, but wanted to check. Aydie, I'll have a look for the oils you mentioned. 'chelle it was the eating after that I thoughts may cause the problems or even from touching the face. My friend has a severe nut allergy and she had asked if I would gelish her nails, it was only at the end when I automatically reached for solar oil I hesitated. I figured it wasn't worth the risk!

I have a peanut allergy and i can't even be in the same room as them so if it was to be on my skin i would stop breathing and have to be rushed to hospital asap! Definately check! X

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

I have a client who is severely allergic to nuts, she has no issues with solar oil and uses it religiously. However this may not be the case for everyone and you should treat each case individually so you will need to discuss it with your client. If you're concerned it's best you find an alternative for allergy sufferers :)

Latest posts

Back