Some advice for a newbie looking to train? :)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Love Nails~

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am new here and wondered whether anyone might be able to give me some advice?

I'm always been interested in training to become a Nail Technician and have started some preliminary research on how I do this.

I want to make sure that I obtain the correct qualifications - however there seem to be several difference courses available (after looking online) so it's a little confusing as to which one I should take!

I work full time in an office, so time is limited for me. However, I am prepared to travel within reason to a location that would offer a course over a few days/weeks if that's what it took. Of course I would also be open to the idea of a home course, as long as it gave me the correct and most up to date qualifications once finished. I'm more then prepared to put in the time & dedication for study.

Is anyone able to recommend any courses in/around the Cambridgeshire/Peterborough area? My long term goal is to set up my own business (either from home or mobile). However in the meantime would start gradually alongside my full time job side so I'm able to gain more skills and confidence from practice.

I'm very creative so am also very interested in the idea of Nail Art - can you take separate courses for this once you've learnt the basics? Or courses that cover everything?

Sorry if I sound a little naive, I'm very new and only know that it's something I'd love to pursue but want to make sure do it properly. I'd hate to take a course and 1. realise it's not given me adequate training 2. has charged me over the odds!!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Thank you!!

Hello everyone,

I am new here and wondered whether anyone might be able to give me some advice?

I'm always been interested in training to become a Nail Technician and have started some preliminary research on how I do this.

I want to make sure that I obtain the correct qualifications - however there seem to be several difference courses available (after looking online) so it's a little confusing as to which one I should take!

I work full time in an office, so time is limited for me. However, I am prepared to travel within reason to a location that would offer a course over a few days/weeks if that's what it took. Of course I would also be open to the idea of a home course, as long as it gave me the correct and most up to date qualifications once finished. I'm more then prepared to put in the time & dedication for study.

Is anyone able to recommend any courses in/around the Cambridgeshire/Peterborough area? My long term goal is to set up my own business (either from home or mobile). However in the meantime would start gradually alongside my full time job side so I'm able to gain more skills and confidence from practice.

I'm very creative so am also very interested in the idea of Nail Art - can you take separate courses for this once you've learnt the basics? Or courses that cover everything?

Sorry if I sound a little naive, I'm very new and only know that it's something I'd love to pursue but want to make sure do it properly. I'd hate to take a course and 1. realise it's not given me adequate training 2. has charged me over the odds!!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Thank you!!
If you do a search on training here on the site, you will find hundreds of posts that ask the self same question you just did! :D

I recommend you look for a company with experience, a proven and well known reputation for excellence in training and who use the best products .... That would be CND hands down!

Welcome - Sweet Squared or best thing to do is to ring Debbie.davies direct on 0113 217 3801 to talk about your path to success. CND are not only top of the tree in the UK but world wide. Have fun ... And do that search. Welcome to the site.

Latest posts

Back