Some advice please...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gcross

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been thinking for ages about getting my hair cut in to a just above shoulder length bob, my hair at the moment is very very long.

What I'm worried about is, if I have the bob that it is going to make my face look really fat! My face is quite round anyway and chubby lol!

If I was to come into your salon and ask for your professional opinion as a hairdresser would you advise me to get it done or to avoid it and keep my hair longer so my face dosen't look fat? :confused:

Sounds silly, but having my hair cut into a bob is a big thing for me as I have also had long hair but would really like a change. I know hair grows back but I don't want to regret my decision. :eek:

Thanks
xxx

P.S I would like it cut like this ........

Hair Styles for Long Hair » bob hair

(I'm not sure if this link works, if not, copy it in to your web searcher bar and once the page has opened scroll down to the Jenny McCarthy picture of her bob)

I'd say go for it, if you don't love it it will grow back. Make sure u chose a really good stylist though!

If you look as you do in your photo now, you don't have a fat face! I think bob's are great, such a strong base line rather than all that wispy long straight stuff can really define your face, plus it'll be super healthy and it'll swing ( I love that feeling of a swingy bob) maybe i'll grow my layers back down??:lol:

I suspect you face will look thinner if anything. If you hair is below the shoulder length I bet you tuck it behind your ears a lot. Not very flattering I would imagine. Long hair is not a good look for many people. The hair itself may look nice but it is not a style it is just long hair.

If you are going to do this go to the best stylist you can afford. If you see someone with a haircut you really like don't be afraid to ask them who did it and go to that person.

I personally prefer to see hair well cut and in a style rather than just long hanging down the back. But that's just my opinion.

Go for it!!

Edit to say:
I just saw your photo didn't look before. You do not have a fat face. I looked at your link too. Funny that photo you had first of Katy Holmes is the very photo I took to the salon I go to have my hair cut. I get my hair cut at Sassoons in South Moulton Street. I didn't show the photo to the guy that did my hair but just said do what you like in a bob kind of way and that is exactly what I ended up looking like (the hair not my face). Now I am no spring chicken but the cut has done wonders for my image - never stop getting chatted up by toy boys!!!! I think you would look lovely with it because you look pretty now (well at least in that photo you do) so nothing can make your face look fat

Last edited:
Aw thank you very much all. I have a consultation with the director of a funky hair salon in my town tomorrow, looking forward to what she has to say. :green:

Neelie Gel - Yes, my hair is constantly behind my ears, tied back, or pushed back with an alice band......I don't know how to style it nor have the time every day really, the only time I do something with it is when I go out for the evening (which is very rare lol). :rolleyes:

With regards to the photo of me you saw, that was taken a couple of years ago and I know what your probably thinking.....my hair dosen't look that long in it, but now it's just down past my belly button if I have it down, my hair grew so fast when I was pregnant!

I was worried about it making my face look fat as when I said to my Husband I might get my hair cut in a bob he went "oh, don't, your face will look fat'.....charming lol, men what do they know?? Plus, I did already have doubts about my face looking a bit chubbier, but after speaking to many people at work, friends and on here everyone has said that it will frame my face and make it look longer.

So thanks all xxx :hug:

Latest posts

Back