Some Hair Dye Advice Please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs.Clooney

Positive Geek
Reaction score
Hello Lovelies, I am asking this on behalf of my daughter who has just started NVQ 1 hairdressing at college.

She is a natural blonde (check out the roots) but dyed her hair with 'Garnier Nutrisse, Fiery Red' (See attachment) about 3 weeks ago, but now wants to go blonde again :rolleyes: ...I'm saying nothing :lol: .

She has a friend at college with 'some' (and I say this skeptically) knowledge of dyeing hair and they want to go to Sally's to buy some blonde dye. However, she wants to know if she needs to dye it brown first before going to blonde? .... don't shoot me as I am just the messenger :D.

Attachments

• Mik Hair 2.jpg
    Mik Hair 2.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 239
Hiya :) Well firstly, red is the most hardest colour to get out of the hair :Scared:

Blonde dye wont lift this out, the only option is bleach! And even if you dye it brown, it will still carry the red undertones and it means that the bleach has more work to do so i would leave it red. My opinion would be to do a full head of bleach foils or use a bleach bath depending on the condition of the hair..... But you may find that it still has a bit of a red tint to it even when its lifted. You could possibly try and colour strip it but you may find it not may make much difference! It will take a few goes to get it back to normal so your daughter will need to be pretty patient! Hope this helps xxx:D

Hiya :) Well firstly, red is the most hardest colour to get out of the hair :Scared:

Blonde dye wont lift this out, the only option is bleach! And even if you dye it brown, it will still carry the red undertones and it means that the bleach has more work to do so i would leave it red. My opinion would be to do a full head of bleach foils or use a bleach bath depending on the condition of the hair..... But you may find that it still has a bit of a red tint to it even when its lifted. You could possibly try and colour strip it but you may find it not may make much difference! It will take a few goes to get it back to normal so your daughter will need to be pretty patient! Hope this helps xxx:D

Yup I agree, I'd go with the highlights Hun it's less risky I'd be wary of letting her friend loose on her hair tho lol xx

hi hun tell her to get it done at college it will be a fab thing for em to learn from .. and the tutors will be on hand ..to help out and explain stuff,, xx

Thank you, thank you hairy geeks :wink2:. I will pass this on to my very experimental teenage NVQ 1 daughter whom I love to bits but am thinking... we could end up with the green or purple or orange haired daughter based on her next hair raising experiment :Scared:.

I passed your comments on to her and her reply was...'I want to go blonde now'.

Watch this space... or not :lol:. xx

full head of bleach highlights is the best way i would say, but going from red to blonde is never easy or a good look!!! also, toners and purple shampoo should be her new best friend once highlighted!!

Latest posts

Back