Some hair geek advice for a nail geek - Temporary thinning out

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skymark

Lisamarie
Reaction score
Hello hair geeks

I wonder if you could give me some advice. I have a lot of food allergies and Coeliac disease. When I eat gluten without realising I find that in the few days and weeks following my hair really thins out. Not noticable at the scalp or anything, but I can feel my pony tail is a lot thinner than it was. It corrects itself over the coming months but in the meantime i'd like to be able to keep it healthy and at its best while it recovers.

Is there anything you can recommend I can use to do so? Im more concerned with keeping the condition of it good than it just looking volumised etc.

Any help appreciated

Really, just a good quality shampoo, conditioner, and once weekly treatment.
The problem you describe is internal, as you rightly diagnose, so shampoo etc will not help the problem nor will it make it worse. Some people swear by the Redken scalp shampoo for thinning hair.
As the hair is growing back, the ends can look "fluffy" due to them being thinner. Pureology split end creme is great for giving the ends back their "weight".

Thanks Dawn.

I will invest in a once a week treatment to try and treat it as well as I can. Ive never used one tho I probably should have been doing.

Latest posts

Back