Some Shellac Advice needed please ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yadagi

Reaction score
Hello lovely people,

I am hoping you can all help me again.

1. I have my first Mani and pedi with Shellac booked for next week, just cuticle work, file and Shellac with soak off first for both .

How do you all go about doing them.?
I can't quite figure out how I am going to do them both so that I do not waste too much time, as I am not up to speed yet with my prep and painting.
Do I soak toes first , then fingers , then remove toes , then fingers , then paint etc... or do the full service on the feet then the hands ?

2. I have done a couple of Shellac's in Fedora on friends and both of them showed wrinkles after the second coat was cured , just on a couple of nails.
I applied the top coat which covered it up fine, but was worried that they may lift or peel ?.

I have tried other colours and this hasn't happened before, apart form when I have used cream puff for French .

Any advice/ help would be greatly appreciated .:)

The Fedora in wrinkling because it has been applied too thickly. Two thin coats is all you need.

Any soaking of nails should be done after Shellac is applied, so remove, PEP, then soaking, moisturising etc afterwards.

Hope that's some help.

Hi Yadagi, the wrinkling probably happened because the Shellac was too thick. The top coat will take care of that and it will not lift or peel.

Also, with Shellac mani/pedi's, they are done in reverse. Shellac first, luxury treatments after. HTH! :)

Thank you ladies,

I'm not worried now about my Fedora ladies lifting.

With regards to the mani /pedi I have booked, I was aware that the Shellac goes on first before any other treatment, but I am asking for advice on is how do I speed up the service.?

Is there any way that yo all do them to make it quicker or do you do the hands /toes separately ?
Thanks again.

Thank you ladies,

I'm not worried now about my Fedora ladies lifting.

With regards to the mani /pedi I have booked, I was aware that the Shellac goes on first before any other treatment, but I am asking for advice on is how do I speed up the service.?

Is there any way that yo all do them to make it quicker or do you do the hands /toes separately ?
Thanks again.

Hi Maria,

This is what I do when I do Shellac fingers and toes together:
- Wrap the fingers
- Wrap the toes
- Unwrap fingers, file and cuticle work, clean.
- Unwrap toes
- Paint fingers and completely finish manicure
- Start on Pedicure

Is this what you were looking for...? Hope this helps...??

Latest posts

Back