Some sugaring questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hazelb

Reaction score
First the easy one:
I've got a few tubs of sugar paste for hand sugaring that I find way too hard to use.
Can I make the sugar paste softer by heating and adding water?
Can i change hand paste sugar to strip sugar by adding water so it's runnier?

Now my next question:

I'm ok using strip sugar on legs etc, but struggle with hand paste on legs, bikini and underarm. Does anyone know of any CPD courses I could attend? I'm qualified but I need help honing my skills!:)

Can't you call the supplier and ask? Or get them to change it.
Far as I know they make 3 kinds or strength of sugar paste for different areas of the body. Perhaps you have the wrong one?
I don't think you can add water it will ruin the product

Thanks for the replies. I did try experimenting with working temps and that seemed to help a bit. Maybe I'll just use the hard paste on hot days! :biggrin:

Thanks for the replies. I did try experimenting with working temps and that seemed to help a bit. Maybe I'll just use the hard paste on hot days! :biggrin:

If you are using pure sugar paste you can add water to it to make it softer. We sell a product that can be added to sugar paste to make it softer too. Sorry for the late reply I don't check this often enough

You should contact Alexandria Professional and ask about training. They know sugaring inside out. They might be able to help. :)

First the easy one:
I've got a few tubs of sugar paste for hand sugaring that I find way too hard to use.
Can I make the sugar paste softer by heating and adding water?
Can i change hand paste sugar to strip sugar by adding water so it's runnier?

Now my next question:

I'm ok using strip sugar on legs etc, but struggle with hand paste on legs, bikini and underarm. Does anyone know of any CPD courses I could attend? I'm qualified but I need help honing my skills!:)

You can add water (very tiny amounts until its how you want it) We do also sell a sugar soften which you might find easier.

Can't you call the supplier and ask? Or get them to change it.
Far as I know they make 3 kinds or strength of sugar paste for different areas of the body. Perhaps you have the wrong one?
I don't think you can add water it will ruin the product
You can add water to our paste. I'm not sure about other brands

Latest posts

Back