Someone won my facebook competition but

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlytaylor1986

Reaction score
hasn't claimed the prize. I have commented on the picture to say congratulations to her and I didn't receive a response (this was on Saturday), then on Sunday I emailed her on facebook, still no response. And I clearly stated on the picture it was for a free set of Shellac this Saturday and the winner was going to be announced the saturday just gone. I was hoping to get someone in so they could tell all their friends, so should I email her again and say unfortunately if this isnt claimed by 9pm tonight I am going to have to offer to the next person? Or just leave it and not do a free set? xx

hasn't claimed the prize. I have commented on the picture to say congratulations to her and I didn't receive a response (this was on Saturday), then on Sunday I emailed her on facebook, still no response. And I clearly stated on the picture it was for a free set of Shellac this Saturday and the winner was going to be announced the saturday just gone. I was hoping to get someone in so they could tell all their friends, so should I email her again and say unfortunately if this isnt claimed by 9pm tonight I am going to have to offer to the next person? Or just leave it and not do a free set? xx

Have you sent them a friend request?

Don't stress about it. I done a monthly % off a service on Facebook for 12 months. . Randomly picked a winner but only from those that liked my page. I Let them know who had won via a comment on my business Facebook page and they had to contact the studio within so many days. If they didn't they lost it. Those that wanted it took it, some you never heard from. The same happened every month. It worked fine. I never connected them personally it was a Facebook prize and stayed on Facebook.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Don't stress about it. I done a monthly % off a service on Facebook for 12 months. . Randomly picked a winner but only from those that liked my page. I Let them know who had won via a comment on my business Facebook page and they had to contact the studio within so many days. If they didn't they lost it. Those that wanted it took it, some you never heard from. The same happened every month. It worked fine. I never connected them personally it was a Facebook prize and stayed on Facebook.

My facebook account is a page only so you can't send friend requests from a page can you :( my reasoning in doing that is because facebook can shut your profile down if you are set up as a person etc...

I didn't set a time limit on it though to contact me in, but did say that they had won and the treatment will be this saturday. I had to send them the message from my actual account as you can't send messages from pages either unless someone messaged you first. Really irritating me :( x

Can I ask how you went about adding this as a prize? Did you post it on your own wall with a link to your page saying "like my page for a chance to win XX% off a treatment"? xx

I have a business page attached to my personal page. I only write business on my business page. I only keep personal to my personal page. I never really mix the two. ..The only thing I may do very occasionally is share a business comment or picture from my business page on my personal page. I never put kisses or what I did at the weekend on my business page. I find it very unprofessional.... but that is just me. We ask clients to like the business page from the salon. It is also mentioned on my business website.

Apparently Facebook have strict rules about doing competitions, you are actually supposed to record the selection of the winning name and you have to contact the person privately to tell them they've won before you announce it on your page!

I've done a couple of competitions and from 4 winners only one has availed of the prize, I didn't mind because it still got my page shared around and a but of publicity!

Amanda xx

Regardless of being a business page or not when u contact the person directly and they are not a friend it goes into an entirely different inbox. This means they may not get it as a lot of ppl don't even know the second exists. This happened me

Regardless of being a business page or not when u contact the person directly and they are not a friend it goes into an entirely different inbox. This means they may not get it as a lot of ppl don't even know the second exists. This happened me

Oh does it? See I've had that happen to me before, it said "extra messages" or something, I didn't know what that was...uh oh! How do others announce the winners then? Do you think it could be an idea to set up a proper profile as opposed to have business page? x

It won't make a difference unless u are friends with the person. I suppose the only thing is it's a plus you don't need to give the treatment lol but seriously they usually find the message months ltr and then I honour it anyway lol

It won't make a difference unless u are friends with the person. I suppose the only thing is it's a plus you don't need to give the treatment lol but seriously they usually find the message months ltr and then I honour it anyway lol

Yeah I would, I would feel bad if I didn't honour it! Fingers crossed she sees it soon though hehe xx

Latest posts

Back