Songs/smells that bring back memories

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsSlim

Reaction score
I love how you hear or smell something and it takes you back! (Be prepared for me starting random posts like this ladies, my hubs is working away for the next 3 weeks haha)

Roxette - it must have been love
Michael Jackson - wanna be starting something..
Reminds me of my third birthday party outside on the bouncy castle with the BBQ going.

Chanel No5 reminds me of my nan.

Pack rabanne Black XS reminds me of an ex as I used to wear it all the time when I was with him! Can no longer smell it it makes me heave! (Sorry if you wear it hehe)

I stayed in a relatives house a few months ago where Iv not been for about 15+ yrs and it smelled exactly the same was amazing,
Brought back lovely memories

It was my great aunts house and she passed I over a yr ago so the smell brought back lovely childhood memories

I love how you hear or smell something and it takes you back! (Be prepared for me starting random posts like this ladies, my hubs is working away for the next 3 weeks haha)

Roxette - it must have been love
Michael Jackson - wanna be starting something..
Reminds me of my third birthday party outside on the bouncy castle with the BBQ going.

Chanel No5 reminds me of my nan.

Pack rabanne Black XS reminds me of an ex as I used to wear it all the time when I was with him! Can no longer smell it it makes me heave! (Sorry if you wear it hehe)

I have the exact same problem with Black XS! X

I stayed in a relatives house a few months ago where Iv not been for about 15+ yrs and it smelled exactly the same was amazing,

It was my great aunts house and she passed I over a yr ago so the smell brought back lovely childhood memories

Awww. My nans house always has that lovely homely smell too.

Smells and Music can make you so nostaligic hey!

I know certain things can make you feel like you're right back there in the moment odd isn't it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Primark used to do a green body speitz called copa cobana (i think) & i wore that ALL way through my pregnancy so that reminds me of that. It only cost 99p at primark then when i ran out i searched all over Ebay for it & got robbed into payin £5 for it!

Also, Dova with cucumber deoderant reminds me of my sons labour :) soon as i had him the first thing i did was have a squirt of deoderant so i didnt smell lol

Primark used to do a green body speitz called copa cobana (i think) & i wore that ALL way through my pregnancy so that reminds me of that. It only cost 99p at primark then when i ran out i searched all over Ebay for it & got robbed into payin £5 for it!

Also, Dova with cucumber deoderant reminds me of my sons labour :) soon as i had him the first thing i did was have a squirt of deoderant so i didnt smell lol

Aww that's lovely.. The getting ripped off part isn't though haha!
When I worked on make up counters, and things got discontinued some women used to literally cry or go mental because it held a special memory or they just felt they couldn't live without it!

Aww that's lovely.. The getting ripped off part isn't though haha!
When I worked on make up counters, and things got discontinued some women used to literally cry or go mental because it held a special memory or they just felt they couldn't live without it!

Oops i meant Dove not Dova haha! But yeah i was probably the same as those women lol. I was willing to pay alot more than £5 if i'm honest lol as primark no longer sell it :( but the fact primark sold it for 99p made me feel robbed haha x

I use rose otto face cream and my kids obviously get a good whiff of it when I kiss them good night. They both say whenever they smell rose Turkish delight it reminds them of me :)

Whenever I smell mince cooking I think of my grandad and Stepnans house at Christmas time, it was magical there at Christmas xxx

Coal tar soap brings back memories of my dad.He was a heating engineer and plumber and would not get home till really late when I was a kid he would go and bath and then we would have a cuddle on the sofa he would then have his dinner,no microwaves so it was always a bit dried up as it was heated in the oven then he would carry me upto bed on his back.
Its my most favourite smell and it makes me smile because it holds happy memories.

Coal tar soap brings back memories of my dad.He was a heating engineer and plumber and would not get home till really late when I was a kid he would go and bath and then we would have a cuddle on the sofa he would then have his dinner,no microwaves so it was always a bit dried up as it was heated in the oven then he would carry me upto bed on his back.
Its my most favourite smell and it makes me smile because it holds happy memories.

Just reminded me

This also reminds me of my gran
And the blue tub of Nivea she swore by it had fantastic skin

Evening primrose cream. My nana used it on her face daily and kept it on her fabulous dressing table.it's the one smell that reminds me of her. She was one amazing lady. Welling up now lol xx

I've got a few:
Yardley gold reminds me of my grandad
Blue pot of Nivea/ ponds cream and lavender draw liners fit my nan
Priscilla Presley perfume moments is my mum!
Clinic happy aftershave for my hubby, when we were just casual I used to smell the pillow after he left and he still wears it 13 years on and the smell still makes my fanny flutter!!!! ha ha 😳😜

Music:
Christina agularia (spelling) genie in a bottle first song I danced with my hubby.

Daniel bedingfield your not the one me and hubby spilt for 3 months when we were young and it got me through it.

REM shinning happy people/Cher shoop shoop sing makes me smile these are mine and my mums songs.

I have music for every memory "the sound tracks of life" I call them xxx

I think people's houses do have their own signature smell.I think mines probably wet dog and stew.

I think people's houses do have their own signature smell.I think mines probably wet dog and stew.

Yes i don't know what the smell was just Ayee's smell, I brought the bed linen home to wash and I was so scared it was loose her smell but I could still smell it when I was ironing it all,

Must sound like a right weirdo but she was an amazing lady and it just brought back wonderful memories.

Hahahaaaa! I'm sure it doesn't! Although now I have a puppy always terrified it smells of fart and dog food! :/

My 11 year old daughter told me that her friends have said that our house smell is "nice and clean". (Theyve been discussing house smells). God knows how! I'm not a clean freak but we have no pets.

The smell of LouLou reminds me of pregnancy vomit.
I went out to the office Xmas meal and a girl sat next to me drenched in it. I could taste it in my food and again when it came back up :(

Robbie Williams millennium
my 13th birthday party because I got about 5 copies of this cd because every one knew I loved it

Karen millan cashmere mist
reminds me of my mummy, she only wears it when she goes out and she has been wearing it for years. It reminds me of when I was younger and I would smell it and instantly remember she was going out for the night with either my dad or her friends, when your little you have the memory of a goldfish!

Latest posts

Back