Soon to be manager!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beckstar!

Premium Geek
Reaction score
Hiya guys I'm soon to become a manager in a salon not yet open (just viewed property, blank canvas in Essex) can any of you managers out there give me some tips! If we are allowed to discuss salon managers salary, duties just what's expected ect? Obvs I no il be looking over everything on the shop floor as the owners have no experience in the industry il be doing a bit of training on junior nites some demos through the day just any tips would be much appreciated thanx in advance! X

Can't help you with advice, but congratulations & good luck! Where in Essex are you? X

I don't have advice, but wanted to also say congratulations!!!!!!!! That's awesome news xx.

If you are going to be a stylist as well, start with the senior stylist salary, add in what you would earn during the hours you would be hairdressing instead of managing, then add either a percentage on top (10 - 30% I reckon is fair) or agree a system of bonuses tied to salon targets. Take some advice from someone who got it wrong for years: the manager shouldn't always be the highest earner in the salon!

Phil xxx

I'd expect a manager to be responsible for recruitment, training, running and cleanliness of the salon, cashing up, staff meetings and stock control. Don't confuse "responsible for" with "doing it yourself". Read "The One Minute Manager" - it's not a hairdressing book but gives a great system for staff management.

Good luck!

Phil xxx

Sorry for the late reply on this thanx for some great advise guys will defo be buying the book! X

Latest posts

Back