Sorry another room rent question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Desi Chick

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I've been offered a room to rent for £10.00 ph or £5.00 for 30 mins. I will be doing beauty treatments. Threading, waxing, lash and brow treatments and facials. Some of my prices are under £5.00. What should I do?

I will be using my own products, towels etc.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Desi Chick
xx :)

If your in an expensive premesis, you need to raise your prices to match, otherwise there's no point working.

Agree with persianista you may need to raise your prices and see if its viable for you.

For example if say you're doing a gel polish treatment which takes you an hour, and you charge £25, that's £10 for rent, which leaves you with £15. Then you have to take product costs into consideration.

Sit down with some figures and work out wether it will be profitable for you, as otherwise as persianista said there's no point.

Seems quite expensive, I wouldn't pay that hourly rate. But if you're in an affluent area or spa then guess that's ok...

How will they work out what you owe them?

• Will it be that you have to book the room in avance for x hours a day

• Will it be charged by the hours you are in the room

• Will it be charged by how many hours you actually work (treatment time only not charged while you sit waiting for a walk in/booking or clean between clients etc...)

I think that charging £80 for a 9am to 5pm day is a lot. Will you be able to cover the rent if you get no shows or late cancelations (obviously this depends massivley on how your being charged) as well as your product costs and still have a profit - no point working if your only breaking even.

Thank you all for your responses.:hug:

I'll take another look at my prices.

The way this works is I only pay rent when I use the room for a treatment.

There is only one treatment room which is being used by other people for a range of treatments - chiropodist, homeopath, holistic treatments etc. Most of their treatments are an hour long, whereas my threading could only take 10-15 mins and I could only have the one booking on the day.

Guess after your responses, I'll have to rethink.

Love
Desi Chick
xx

The above set up also means your likely to have issues with storing your equipment & stock as other people will not want your stuff in their way while they use the room & you'd have to check if the room is available or in use by any of those other people before taking every booking.

A lot of hassle and very expensive too. Maybe best to look for something else hun.

Hello Geeks,

Do you think I should negotiate a percentage of my takings?

And if so how much?

Sorry to go on about this - but just need some advice.

Thanks in advance.

Desi Chick
xx

I was in the same situation a few years ago, the owner wanted £10 an hour. I considered it, did some maths and asked some geeks, and was told I could get a high end treatment room in Harley street for the same money..!! And this place was certainly nothing like that! So I told them thy were having a laugh and could take 20% off me or nothing (I was expected to kit room out and provide EVERYTHING). They declined and there's still no therapist in there. Enough said!!!

Latest posts

Back