Sorry another thread for hair extension supplies, but I'm at my wits end! xx

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louise xx

Reaction score
Please help,Im desperatly seeking a new hair supplier for stick tipped hair.

I've had an absolute mare today (not for the first time) with Lush-us and quite frankly its the last straw. I wont go into too much detail but as previous threads on here state Im feeling the same about quality, lack of stock etc. Then today I place an order online, payment made, despatched email received only to be called an hour later for more money as the website was wrong. They wouldnt send the delivery until I paid the extra, so had to go home get my cash card etc etc all for the sake of a couple of pound.

Anyway, now breath..........
So Im on the look out to try a new supplier, its for micro-rings so needs to last 3 months. I always supply good shampoo/conditioner etc. Im looking within the same price range as Lush-us and quick delivery.

Basically Im looking for Lush-us competitors! Ive come across Hairtrade, has anyone used them? Or can you recommend a company to try. Would be so grateful xxxx

Just wanted to add on.... I have spoke to Lush-us and gone though in detail about what Im not happy about and they were "happy for me to look for a new supplier" i asked for the managements email as i noticed a thread on here where Sam has replied stating she was unaware of issues and would like to be told. the lady on the phone told me it wasnt necessary to email and I could just tell her all I wanted to say over the phone, I insisted i would prefer to take me time and write an email this eve which I have done, before posting this thread xx

Last edited:
Foxy hair extensions or hair planet are comparable price points to lush us. Both supply Indian remy.

Foxy stock and range of colours is always really good, and they have next day delivery as standard.

Yeah I think foxy is very similar, quick and efficient! I'm considering them too.

I've emailed lush us expressing my complaints as what they don't know they can't fix so hopefully they will listen and make some changes on the quality cus they were so good!!!

I've emailed lush us expressing my complaints as what they don't know they can't fix so hopefully they will listen and make some changes on the quality cus they were so good!!!

Yes def hun, but after the reaction I got today I dont think they will be too bothered. I was told by lush staff that the reason they are often low on stock is because they are so popular now. Made my little one man band feel inferior. I may only be myself now but one day I may have numerous staff and a chain of salons lol! When i queried their £500+ trade acc a month spend to qualify, other companies have £300+, they gave me some figures of how many people they have ordering over that and told me I was a minority in the lower monthly spend coming in at just under £400! xx

Pha! It's just ridiculous the amount of complaints the reason I kept quiet as I thought it was me and my Usual bad luck! Clearly not!

Just looking into those other companies compared to the one we've been discussing:

Hair planet is like for like- 18'', 0.8g, stick tipped, say 200 strands just for an example, incl guaranteed next day delivery is +£2 per head.

Foxy is 20" (they dont do 18"), 0.8g, stick tipped, priced on blondes (max price), again say 200 strands, incl guaranteed next day is +£40.68 per head.

So Foxy is quite a bit more per head (but longer), for those that have used both would you say its worth the extra? Something that I do like about Foxy, they fit their own hair which is always a good sign. And against hair planet they are an ecommerce company, in other words no contact telephone number just email based (keeping their costs down and passing it onto us).

As you can tell Ive been thinking alot about hair lol! I even dreamed about it last night!

Ive ordered samples and sent emails to tasha jacks (premium), celeb elite, foxy, hair planet, hair trade, even considering going to the source and ordering direct. Im always getting emails from factory suppliers in India, so maybe its worth discussing minimum order details with them and having a sample! Just the initial outlay and not having the choice of nxt day delivery if needed.

Share your thoughts xx

If you are working out your costings of the 0.8g hair - do you really need 200 strands for a standard full head install?

...and also factor in that you will get a 5% trade discount with foxy

Just looking into those other companies compared to the one we've been discussing:

Hair planet is like for like- 18'', 0.8g, stick tipped, say 200 strands just for an example, incl guaranteed next day delivery is +£2 per head.

Foxy is 20" (they dont do 18"), 0.8g, stick tipped, priced on blondes (max price), again say 200 strands, incl guaranteed next day is +£40.68 per head.

So Foxy is quite a bit more per head (but longer), for those that have used both would you say its worth the extra? Something that I do like about Foxy, they fit their own hair which is always a good sign. And against hair planet they are an ecommerce company, in other words no contact telephone number just email based (keeping their costs down and passing it onto us).

As you can tell Ive been thinking alot about hair lol! I even dreamed about it last night!

Ive ordered samples and sent emails to tasha jacks (premium), celeb elite, foxy, hair planet, hair trade, even considering going to the source and ordering direct. Im always getting emails from factory suppliers in India, so maybe its worth discussing minimum order details with them and having a sample! Just the initial outlay and not having the choice of nxt day delivery if needed.

Share your thoughts xx

I get mine direct takes 5-7 days delivery x

purely worked it out as 200 as it was a round number and the maximum. :) My brain doesn't work too well first thing in the morning xx

...and also factor in that you will get a 5% trade discount with foxy

Studio58 is that not 5% over trade order of £1000? xx

No, if you forward foxy your hair ext cert(s) they will give you your own 5% discount code that you enter at checkout each time you make a purchase - so if you order 1 packet of hair or 50 packets you will still get 5% off the purchase total

No, if you forward foxy your hair ext cert(s) they will give you your own 5% discount code that you enter at checkout each time you make a purchase - so if you order 1 packet of hair or 50 packets you will still get 5% off the purchase total

Thats really good to know, thank you! xx

umm am I just being paranoid now, but just gone onto Lush website to log into my account as need to retrieve some old invoices and it wont let me log in. Either the website is playing up or they've deleted my account. Oh and no response to the email I sent Sam yet either xx

Hi all
Have been reading all of these threads with interest!!! Personally, if you have a problem with any company the least you can do is contact them and let them know directly to give them the opportunity to rectify it - that's purely my personal opinion. No one dictates who you should order your hair from etc that is purely your personal choice. However pleease make sure you make this decision for yourself and make sure it is an "informed" decision.
Studio 58 - I've noticed you are the "suggested" southern trainer for Foxy, which is probably how you know so much about them as a company - are you employed by them now or still 2 different companies? Am hoping you can shed some light on an easier removal of the new keratin bonds as am struggling slightly.

Hi,

No we are not employed by Foxy. We are entirely seperate, hair extension training and a working salon in our own right.

We use their hair in our salon & any 'students' that train with us are able to receive an improved trade discount with foxy. That is not to say that we dont give our students other hair suppliers details, but the discounted rate has been specially negotiated and in return for us giving them around 40 prospective new customers on a plate each month they have placed a link to us on their website. If you look at other threads on here we have also mentioned hair planet, we have used lush ourselves, and are trialling bonita.

With regards removing italian keratin acetone doesnt touch it, you need an alcohol based remover. Balamain do one that you can get in Sallys, but the 'active' ingredient I think is rubbing alcohol (surgical spirit). Crush the bond without any remover first to weaken it, put some alcohol based remover on the bond, crush again and the bond will 'release' itself from the hair underneath so you can slide it out. The italian keratin will not go like dust.

Hi all
Have been reading all of these threads with interest!!! Personally, if you have a problem with any company the least you can do is contact them and let them know directly to give them the opportunity to rectify it - that's purely my personal opinion. No one dictates who you should order your hair from etc that is purely your personal choice. However pleease make sure you make this decision for yourself and make sure it is an "informed" decision.
Studio 58 - I've noticed you are the "suggested" southern trainer for Foxy, which is probably how you know so much about them as a company - are you employed by them now or still 2 different companies? Am hoping you can shed some light on an easier removal of the new keratin bonds as am struggling slightly.

I completely agree, always contact the person you have the problem with before giving any kind of review and that is what I done. I was in contact with Lush yesterday, to no resolution (see my first post) and again today have received one email and that doesnt even mention my initial complaint.

I have contacted numerous suppliers last night and today and so far Foxy are proving to be the most popular. They emailed back and have already sent out my sample pack before lunch today. I have a big order to place this weekend and am determined to find a new supplier before then. Again hair planet im toying with the idea, but really not keen on not being able to talk with anyone and they havent replied to my email yet either xx

Hair planet has always been great for me xx

Latest posts

Back