Sorry tale

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackie D

Reaction score
I have had a lovely new lady in today who wanted Shellac on her fingernails. She had already had them done previously at the local NSS Nail Bar and I was horrified at what I saw.

She said she didn't think much of Shellac after having them done there but had heard such good things about the product. When I inspected them I could feel that there were ridges under the poorly applied polish, She told me that they had used their electric files on her natural nail and then applied what they said was Shellac onto her bare, buffed nail, no base coat at all. She said the bottles looked the same but she hadn't paid much attention and that their lamp was nothing like my CND one, She also said that the only aftercare they told her was to use an oil twice a week!!

Needless to say, today, she got the full, proper treatment and her nails looked fab. She was also given the correct aftercare and aftercare leaflets.

She could not believe the difference in the treatment and service.

I am starting to get new clients who have used this particular nail bar, last week I had a lady in who had had extensions there and the state of
her nails were appaling, I will post some pictures on my album later, they had used the electronic file so much on the natural nail that they were red around the edges.

I have walked past recently and seen a scruffy A4 bit of paper in the window saying Shellac is available there with a picture and the CND logo.

I wonder why anyone use these places, it makes my blood boil and they are always busy, I feel like going in and saying "What are you doing?? Don't have your nails done here!!" Probably get locked up!! :eek:

I'm all for competition and there are some really good nail professionals locally, but when I see things like this!! :mad:

Last edited:
Thats appaling! You will probably end up getting all their customers as I dont think they will go back a 2nd time, I know I wouldnt! x

Sent from my GT-I5800 using SalonGeek

Not oriental - NSS. Not fair to put that in my opinion, there's plenty of NSS Salons run by all different races

X

Not oriental - NSS. Not fair to put that in my opinion, there's plenty of NSS Salons run by all different races

X

I totally agree with you, edited immediately. Apologies.

Some people will always go there, no matter how bad the service and how much we try to educate them - it's convenient and cheap for people who just want 'nails'

X

Latest posts

Back