Soundproofing treatment room

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been approached to rent a beauty room within a hair salon but the room hasn't actually been built yet and I am concerned about the level of noise as the room will actually be within the hair salon.

My current room is in a hair salon but is seperated by a corridor so the level of noise isn't to bad. Infact I don't really hear hairdryers etc. My problem is the door banging and people talking in the corridor.

So I would be basically swapping one problem for another I am just a bit worried about the noise from the main salon. The owners are consulting with builders regarding soundproofing but they can't be 100% sure that there will be no noise obviously I don't want to say yes I will go there then have horrendous noise from the salon and loose clients.

I would really appreciate it if those of you that have experience with this sort of thing can advise me if it is possible to soundproof a room to the extent I won't hear anything from outside (my room will be next to the basins and it is not a big salon)

Thanks

I haven't experience with this exact situation but the salon I was in had the plumbing all connected and when the lady in the room next door turned her taps on I could hear it really loudly! If you had a door banging problem in a salon before it is likely to be the same, especially without the corridor. I would be a bit dubious, but it's hard to know, it depends how thick the wall is.

Thanks weezie :)

Does anyone else have any experience of this or know of materials that can soundproof a room ?

I kinda do...
not in the beauty business but in the music one...

to "soundproof" a room it is extremely expensive, thick, and most of the times unaesthetic.
when you start from scratch, you can make it a little less expensive using certains materials, but it will remains thick and etc.

honnestly your best bet if the noise annoys you is to find a location far from noise, ie far from the corridor.

if there is only little noise, you can cover it with music tho.

I kinda do...
not in the beauty business but in the music one...

to "soundproof" a room it is extremely expensive, thick, and most of the times unaesthetic.
when you start from scratch, you can make it a little less expensive using certains materials, but it will remains thick and etc.

honnestly your best bet if the noise annoys you is to find a location far from noise, ie far from the corridor.

if there is only little noise, you can cover it with music tho.

Thanks Doorie :)

It occurred to me today that even if the room is soundproofed to the maximum, noise is still going to heard though the door ?

except if you have a soundproof door, that costs a billion lol...

Latest posts

Back