SP Lash advise on a mature client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rubytues

Reaction score
Hi geeks, I've been doing a mature clients lashes now for a few months. She loves her lashes and has admitted she can't with without them. However i dread doing them! The is excess skin around the eyes and when her eyes close, the lashes sink in! It's difficult to separate but i get there in the end I guess.
Does anyone have any hints and tips to make the application a little easier?
Oh, I do use tape on the upper lids to lift but this doesn't really work :-(

Hi geeks, I've been doing a mature clients lashes now for a few months. She loves her lashes and has admitted she can't with without them. However i dread doing them! The is excess skin around the eyes and when her eyes close, the lashes sink in! It's difficult to separate but i get there in the end I guess.
Does anyone have any hints and tips to make the application a little easier?
Oh, I do use tape on the upper lids to lift but this doesn't really work :-(

Hiya, I do quite alot of mature clients so I can sympathise, although I do have to say the tape trick usually works for me :0)

Have you tried using more than one piece of tape on each eye? If there is alot of excess skin I use one piece if tape on the outer eye and another closer to the middle, don't be scared to pull that tape tight lol, you may find that will help, other than that I think you're looking at patience :0)

I have the exact same problem! Dread them! But when I put the tape on it does nothing! :-( but I'm not pulling it tight more just putting it on! Got one tomorrow so will pull it tight lol

Ah, I'll try that one and I guess I am a little gentle with the tape.
I'll use it like a tight rope! lol
Thanks x

Make sure the tape is long enough to reach just past the brow, stick one end close to the lash line, don't stick the middle bit to the lid, pull slightly and stick the other end to just past the brow, there's no point in just sticking a length of tape on lol, the middle bit will stick down but not until you have pulled. Don't be scared to pull it tighter to get all the loose skin out the way, obviously make sure her eye isn't open from all the stretching lmao xx

Great advice blinkingorgeous. I have the same problem and think I'm being too gentle! I end up lifting with my fingers at the same time as isolating and attaching lashes......nightmare! I'm always conscious that they're gonna know i'm doing it because of the excess skin. One lady said 'are you putting that on for my saggy eyes'. Didn't want to hurt her feelings so said it was part of the procedure and something i always do!!

Great advice blinkingorgeous. I have the same problem and think I'm being too gentle! I end up lifting with my fingers at the same time as isolating and attaching lashes......nightmare! I'm always conscious that they're gonna know i'm doing it because of the excess skin. One lady said 'are you putting that on for my saggy eyes'. Didn't want to hurt her feelings so said it was part of the procedure and something i always do!!

lol my clients are always saying that, I never want to hurt their feelings either, I just tell them its easier to isolate the lashes this way :D

awww we're softies aren't we? One more question if you don't mind; do you de-tack a lot or just a little bit?

Make sure the tape is long enough to reach just past the brow, stick one end close to the lash line, don't stick the middle bit to the lid, pull slightly and stick the other end to just past the brow, there's no point in just sticking a length of tape on lol, the middle bit will stick down but not until you have pulled. Don't be scared to pull it tighter to get all the loose skin out the way, obviously make sure her eye isn't open from all the stretching lmao xx

Haha I was like "this is something I've read so just put it on" lol

awww we're softies aren't we? One more question if you don't mind; do you de-tack a lot or just a little bit?

I would just de-tack slightly, although having said that, I dont de-tack at all for that area, maybe Im not so nice after all :eek:

Latest posts

Back