Spare room as a beauty room?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinknfluffy

Reaction score
Hi all, I am just starting out mobile, however, I would also like to offer treatments from home, this allows me to offer more appointment times, and also, from a safety point of view, when treating male clients for first time.
However we dont have a seperate room, we have a spare bedroom (used one sat a month when step-daughter stays). Its a large room & really only contains a bed, a wardrobe & some purpose built shelving (which would be ideal to store all my stuff lol) & has plenty of room for my coach etc. Do you think clients would find this unprofessional? I dont want to go to the expense of re-decorating, extra insurance etc if it wouldnt be suitable.
Honest advice please guys :)

I think it sounds fine you could always by bedding to match your couch towels etc make it all look cosy or you could maybe by a sofa bed? X

It will be perfect. I used to work out of our spare room, and never had any issues. So long as you keep the room neat and tidy and put some pretty cushions on the bed. I used to put my fresh folded towels on the bed.

All I would advise is that you always tell a new client that you work from a spare bedroom. If a client knows what to expect then they will not be suprised.

I moved my kids bedrooms around at home and now I work out of the small box room which is dedicated to my work. To access it you need to walk through my entrance hall and up a spiral staircase. When I get a new enquiry I always state that I have a small treatment room in my home, that my husband and kids might be in the house, and I check that they will be able to use the staircase. If a client wants a traditional salon experience there are plenty of other places they can go. I have built up a large client list who love coming to my home .

Go for it. x

It will be perfect. I used to work out of our spare room, and never had any issues. So long as you keep the room neat and tidy and put some pretty cushions on the bed. I used to put my fresh folded towels on the bed.

All I would advise is that you always tell a new client that you work from a spare bedroom. If a client knows what to expect then they will not be suprised.

I moved my kids bedrooms around at home and now I work out of the small box room which is dedicated to my work. To access it you need to walk through my entrance hall and up a spiral staircase. When I get a new enquiry I always state that I have a small treatment room in my home, that my husband and kids might be in the house, and I check that they will be able to use the staircase. If a client wants a traditional salon experience there are plenty of other places they can go. I have built up a large client list who love coming to my home .

Go for it. x

thankyou, very helpfull advice, i hadnt even thought of the stairs issue! We discussed letting step-daughter share with one of our girls, but just not worth the hassle (she's 15 & a little stroppy to say the least lol) so spare room-come-treatment room it is. Also a great excuse to go shopping - as advised, its very important to have co-ordinating bedding/towels/curtains etc, even hubby agrees!

thankyou, very helpfull advice, i hadnt even thought of the stairs issue! We discussed letting step-daughter share with one of our girls, but just not worth the hassle (she's 15 & a little stroppy to say the least lol) so spare room-come-treatment room it is. Also a great excuse to go shopping - as advised, its very important to have co-ordinating bedding/towels/curtains etc, even hubby agrees!

I have just recently started working from my spare bedroom and it's the best thing I've ever done. I only have a small house but I tell clients what to expect before hand and have had nothing but lovely comments from them about my room. I used to work mobile but have found since setting up at home I have a lot more flexibilty regarding app times, and obviously a lot less outgoings on petrol etc. I put a sofabed in instead of a proper bed, so if I need to use it as a bedroom I can move it around easily. I'd say go for it..best thing Ive ever done!Good luck!

Latest posts

Back