Spare room/garden room

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

celtica

Reaction score
Hello all, I have a query for all home based workers. I started working from my home based salon in February and things are going well, could be better but not bad for a start. My room is adequate but as I do hair and beauty/holistic treatments as well I have a lot of faffing around putting up couch and taking it down for the different services. I was thinking perhaps of getting a garden room and kitting it out so all stations can be in place. What I would like to know if any of you have a garden room/glorified shed what size have you got and how do you find it? Do you have water and how? Is it warm enough? Is noise from neighbouring gardens a problem, I am thinking of massage here. Hope some one can enlighten me. Thank you.

Any one with a home based salon?

Hiya. I have a summer house that I use as a treatment room. It is 10 x 12 with a window and a door (obviously, lol). I do foot care, holistics and am starting to do beauty. I have a comfy chair, a massage bed, shelves, and two sets of cupboards, although one set of cupboards will be coming out to make room for my manicure table. The room will be big enough to hold a spray tan tent. I have a sink with running hot/cold water in and it has electricity in it for lighting and heating. My husband is a very handyman and he set it all up for me. I am in a very rural position so no noise from neighbours. I love it as do my clients. It's very relaxing and at worst I have to move my couch around a bit to accommodate certain treatments (like facials or Hopi Ear Candle treatments). It works really well and would definately recommend it. Good luck. HTH.

Mandy

That does help, thank you Mandy. Can I ask how you got the running water. I have a handy man in the family so I suppose he will have a good idea but I just wonder how. I did have a look at the weekend at garden rooms and thought 10x12. Dont suppose you have any pics?

Latest posts

Back