Spare room - getting a therapist in on % only?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire83

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone can advise me on this.

I own a nail salon in which I do natural nails only - mani/pedi/Gelish. I opened in December '11 with the view of hopefully brining in some beauty treatments.

So far I haven't had the money to do this, and now I have a large nail client base. I have a friend who has come to me to ask about using my spare space (made for beauty) so she can do beauty.

This is fine as I can continue doing nails, which she hates, and she can do beauty (I hate waxing!). She wants to work part-time as she has a home carer job that she would like to keep hours for to make sure she is earning something.

I am not able to employ her as I am only covering bills and new stock. I'm not yet paying myself a wage. And I can't rent the room as my contract doesn't allow me to do it. She is happy to work on a percentage of 60 to her, 40 to me. Unsure of details of me buying stock or her, but I know she will be supplying her own couch.

Just unsure of what to do and would like some advice.

If you are in a simliar situation could you shed some light on all this for me as it's all new to me. How would she go about taking payments through my till, or card payments which go to my bank account. Would she need her own card machine?

I'm assuming that she can get her own insurance and she is covered?

Does she pay me weekly/monthly? Do I need a fully drawn up contract with her? Does she design her own leaflets or do I add her on to my own etc?

Just spoken to a client who is quite understanding and I can chat easily too. she thinks I should have the beauty bits added to my nail price list, so it's an extension on my own business. I'm assuming I can't have two businesses running out of the same place?

Does any of this make sense, it seems a bit all over the place, sorry about that. :Scared:

Latest posts

Back