Special mixes question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aronne

Reaction score
Something I have been thinking about lately and wanted to get everyones opinions.
You know when you use special mixes (you know in your Colour book how there's the section with like the yellow, blue, red etc. With Wella it is like 0/11, 0.28 etc)
Those ones are known to me as non oxidative colours, and in theory I know non ox stains the hair like a direct dye without penetrating into the hair shaft, with these colours where would they sit on the hair shaft? As with the colours I have used you don't use extra developer when mixing your formula, you only add up the developer for the colour.

Something I have been thinking about lately and wanted to get everyones opinions.
You know when you use special mixes (you know in your Colour book how there's the section with like the yellow, blue, red etc. With Wella it is like 0/11, 0.28 etc)
Those ones are known to me as non oxidative colours, and in theory I know non ox stains the hair like a direct dye without penetrating into the hair shaft, with these colours where would they sit on the hair shaft? As with the colours I have used you don't use extra developer when mixing your formula, you only add up the developer for the colour.
These are oxidative, these are used in koleston to add /change tone and intensity. You still add developer based on the whole amount of colour in your bowl-if you didn't do this the colour would be much more dense. These colours can be used on prelightened hair on their own, but I believe you still use developer.... And they don't last very well.
When you use the special mix to add /change tone, then it's recommended that you use the rule of 11.

oh right okay thank you!, I was taught with Keune that they are non oxidative colours, I'm used to the consistency. is it for every 11 grams of colour to add 1 gram of special mix?

oh right okay thank you!, I was taught with Keune that they are non oxidative colours, I'm used to the consistency. is it for every 11 grams of colour to add 1 gram of special mix?
No with koleston it's 11 - base shade ÷2 =grams of mix tone used in 30g of base shade.
Example 1) :- 11 - 8 (8/0) =3 ÷2 = 1.5 = 1.5g of mix tone for every 30g of 8/0.
Example 2) 11 - 5(5/0) = 6 ÷2 = 3 = 3g of mix tone in 30g of 5/0.
I hope this is easy to read. If you need any more help just ask :)

Latest posts

Back