Speeding up acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah0307

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

I've been doing acrylic extensions for about 4 months now. It's taking me forever to do a full set. How long was it before you sped up? I need more people to get faster but hard when I'm taking 2 1/2 hours! My nail arts really really good and that's why ladies have been contacting me but the minute I say how long I take they're not interested. Any tips on improving speed? I know practice makes perfect. Starting to get frustrated! Please tell me it's not just me! :eek:

The nail arts the fun bit and it's the hurdle of creating the actual initial acrylic nails to put that onto isn't it *empathy*.

The thing that worked for me was changing the tips that I use. It's not to every nail techs taste I guess but I use well less tips. No blending is required and they look natural straight away...just stick those on a correctly prepped nail and then get busy putting the acrylic nail on.

Some people say that well less tips aren't as strong which I can understand but it's been working for me :)

Practice will be the way forward but if you're happy to use a shortcut by changing what you work with, perhaps even just for now, then this could help.

If you want to practice but are struggling to find models or clients then why not buy a nail training hand? Practice is what will bring your time down. I don't think 2.5 hours is bad after having only be doing nail extensions for 4 months.

Em

It's not really a matter of how long it takes to get quicker. It's how often you're doing it. I timed myself on every step. How long for prep, tip blending, ect and worked out which bit was taking long and how I could improve, but still not compromise the service.

I agree with the above.
Time yourself on each step.

Prep & tip application.
Application of acrylic.
Finishing.

Try and aim for half an hour for each section. And practise each section over and over until you've mastered it in that time. It's easily done and you will knocked a full hour off your time.

Laura xx

I have a training hand but find it completely different. Acrylic applies differently and takes longer to dry. So does the glue so I've given up with it. Poxy thing. How long did you take at first Hun?

And I'm def not doing it often enough. Like once a week maybe. The prep and tip is def the longest. I've got faster with applying the acrylic but still def need to get faster. Finishing isn't too bad at all. So frustrating!
:cry:

I got down from 2 1/2 hours to 1 1/2 hours quite quick. It was getting down to an hour that I found hardest and took the longest but I'm there now :D
Obv the more you do the quicker you will get.

Prep doesn't need to be longer than 10 mins. Then you have 20 minutes for tips. That's. Whole 2 minutes per nail which is plenty of time.

It sounds silly but you literally just have to concentrate on moving quicker.
Pushing cuticles back move you hand back an forth quicker. Filing nails, move quicker instead of 'slow an steady'.

It sounds obvious but a lot of people think about quickening tips and acrylic etc but not the way they work.

Laura xx

Thank you I'm going to break my sections down and time myself. What tips do you use lolli? Xx

The nail arts the fun bit and it's the hurdle of creating the actual initial acrylic nails to put that onto isn't it *empathy*.

The thing that worked for me was changing the tips that I use. It's not to every nail techs taste I guess but I use well less tips. No blending is required and they look natural straight away...just stick those on a correctly prepped nail and then get busy putting the acrylic nail on.

Some people say that well less tips aren't as strong which I can understand but it's been working for me :)

Practice will be the way forward but if you're happy to use a shortcut by changing what you work with, perhaps even just for now, then this could help.

Well less tips took ages off of my time when I first started. I still love them now xx

Thank you I'm going to break my sections down and time myself. What tips do you use lolli? Xx

CND velocity for acrylic :)

Laura xx

I'm the same 2 1/2 hours!

Dont have many acrylic clients to practice one maybe one!

I have 2 months doing acrylic nails. I don,t do it too daily since I am mobile or in my home. For me, the first month took me 2 1/2 and 3 hours, currently it takes me 1 1/2 hour if I do acrylic with transparent tips which aren,t too hard to blend, put clear acrylic, polish the nail and some designs. But when a client ask me for 2 acrylic color french nails, those ones still takes me 2 1/2 hours. But I,m improving which is good.

Thanks for your replies ladies. Thought it was just me! Going to try some well less tips also and break my sections down n time myself xx:idea:

Latest posts

Back